Let the snow fly! KT is now prepared for.....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
any winter blast!

Below are photographs of the Royal Wood Stockpile which KT has been working on organizing the past couple of weeks. Each rick is 5 feet high. About 1/3rd of the 58 running feet of stacked firewood was carry over from last year, and the rest was just stacked and covered in the last 10 days! KT is in a festive mood!:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• 09 2021 10 ft rick under deck.jpg
    09 2021 10 ft rick under deck.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 09 2021 4 ft rick corner back porch.jpg
    09 2021 4 ft rick corner back porch.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 123
  • 09 2021 4 ft rick near center back porch.jpg
    09 2021 4 ft rick near center back porch.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 125
  • 09 2021 10 ' rick under porch eve.jpg
    09 2021 10 ' rick under porch eve.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 09 2021 20 ft rick under porch eve.jpg
    09 2021 20 ft rick under porch eve.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 131
  • 09 2021 same 20' rick cover partially removed.jpg
    09 2021 same 20' rick cover partially removed.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 09 2021 10 ft rick on back porch.jpg
    09 2021 10 ft rick on back porch.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 119
Way to go KT! Nothing better than the warmth of wood burning. Still have about two cords to split myself, but waiting for 50 degree temps.

Way to go KT! Nothing better than the warmth of wood burning. Still have about two cords to split myself, but waiting for 50 degree temps.

Ahhh, amc rulz is a WISE MAN! Since KT splits with an electric splitter, that btw , is also on the back porch, He can do it with the weather a bit warmer! KT splits wood like the turtle runs the race, slow but steady! :lol::lol:

that hurts my back just seeing that...

It used to hurt the good KingTotsalot's back and knees until He got wise! Old enough to realize no need to kill myself trying to get firewood. Pay someone for it, take my trailer to them, let them load it, bring home, park trailer, get the Queen or Prince John to use the tractor to haul it to my work area, if it needs splitting take it a couple of sticks at a time to the splitter where I can sit and split, toss into a garden cart....1 garden cart = 1 tractor bucket, then wheel it to stacking site, and off load, essentially no bending over. And I work at a turtle's pace, slow and persistent. KT came up with this system after He realized He was bending over to cut it, bending over to load it, bending over to split it, and bending over to pick up the split pieces....THAT is what is bad on the back! Besides KT buying a couple of rifles, shotguns and a handgun with His Royal Biden Money, He purchased firewood for this winter. Even tho KT split over half of this wood, the wood was clean and pretty dry before He ever had to handle it. Solomon was the most wise king who ever lived, and KT learned from HIM about how to use that wisdom!
:D:D:lol::laughing:

My wife is from Arkansas, as is the King.

Spent most of this week in the Natural state. Learned long ago that each house in Arkansas has two stoves.

There is the stove you toss wood into to heat the house and the "cook" stove you find in the kitchen.

My wife is from Arkansas, as is the King.

Spent most of this week in the Natural state. Learned long ago that each house in Arkansas has two stoves.

There is the stove you toss wood into to heat the house and the "cook" stove you find in the kitchen.

AMEN! Some times in rural areas the cook stove is also wood fired. As a young Kinglet, KT remembers fondly the visits with his father every Sunday afternoon to Uncle Wilbur and Aunt Sally's house and dairy farm. There was always warm roast beef in her wood fired cook stove's oven, left over from Sunday dinner! Yum!

Not sure but I believe it may be illegal to install one in California now?
Getting tougher to get one insured here in Michigan. When I recently switched companies for homeowner’s insurance, soon after they found out that I had a wood burning stove in the house, and promptly canceled my policy.

My stove was professionally installed 20 years ago and I’ve had no issues with it. I ended up going back to my original insurer that told me, “no problem.”

Wow, congrats on getting all that done KT !!!! :thumbsup:

.......you obviously wanted to guarantee your family "wood" stay warm over the colder months :lol:

Back
Top Bottom