Florida... what to expect when detecting

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
In case you were wondered, the struggles are real for us folks in Florida...

Happy Hunting y'all! :laughing:

Attachments

• Florida1.jpg
    Florida1.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 632
  • fl1.jpg
    fl1.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 624
  • fl3.jpg
    fl3.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 627
  • fl2.jpg
    fl2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 626
  • fl4.jpg
    fl4.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 625
  • fl5.jpg
    fl5.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 627
  • fl6.jpg
    fl6.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 629
I was camping once and we were watching a huge Alligator with one eye. You judge the size of a gator by the distance between their eyes at night. Well some drunk guy at the campground put a knife in his teeth and went swimming out in the water towards the gator. We didn't hang around to see what happened. Maybe where that picture came from?:shock:

Be there in a month with a new detector. Bought it on the eve of an 18" snowfall. Thanks for cheering me up!

From the comment in the Fox news article that was posted:

Alligators distributing knives is no basis for a system of government

If you know what that means, then you know one of the most brilliant pieces of comedy :D

maybe the authorities can go around and pick up all the immobile iquanas and dispose of them. I have see quite a few videos where people use powerful pellet guns to shoot and kill iguanas. Evidently they are considered quite a pest in FL.

Don't they eat those critters down there ? Occasionally some restaurants here serve gator. I tried it years ago when a place in Newport Beach had "game night". It was not that good , very fatty. Could be a solution to the food crisis. Gators , iguanas and snakes.

Don't they eat those critters down there ? Occasionally some restaurants here serve gator. I tried it years ago when a place in Newport Beach had "game night". It was not that good , very fatty. Could be a solution to the food crisis. Gators , iguanas and snakes.

Most people can't cook alligator to save their lives. About only 10% of the places that cook it are good at it.

Never been to Florida, but that Pina Colada looks good!
I would like to visit someday.
yeah, living in Cali makes the thought of moving to FL a tough sell. Y'all have no humidity, plenty of beaches, gorgeous coast lines, wine country and well, everything that Florida has. You'd trade earthquakes for hurricanes. Economically, we don't have state income tax. But yeah....Cali is gorgeous.

Most people can't cook alligator to save their lives. About only 10% of the places that cook it are good at it.

100% Facts! I've been here 10 years. Only had one good experience with gator, and that was from a 4th generation local that caught it fresh, prepped it to his family recipe, and only used lean meat (no fatty cuts). OMG, I hate seafood but the gator was delicious!

“… I’m pretty sure whoever pulls the knife from the gator’s head gets to be the new King of Florida.”

Appropriate Excal reference for this forum.

Florida... what to expect when detecting :shock:

Attachments

• 11-23-22 Ring back.jpg
    11-23-22 Ring back.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 216
Back
Top Bottom