Lake Hunting??

bling bling

I have a Fisher 1280x and a wet suit but, getting an ocean here in Colorado hasn't been easy. I've looked at the maps a few times and no luck:no:
Any advice encouragement out there for Lake Hunting? I've put in over 10 hrs. and not many targets. No good ones...
Thanks

If you pay the $5 to get in over at Bear Creek Lake Park in Lakewood, they have a large "beach" called Big Soda Lake. That place is packed during the summer months and would be a sweet place to hunt.

Even when I lived at the beach in VA I was never a good beach hunter, never really put in much time with it, so I don't have much advise in the subject.

Many here on the forum have had great luck at lakes... just check the history and look for the popular ones.... big crowds. HH RickO

Most of my experience and success has been lake hunting with the 1280-x. It is a good freshwater machine. I set the "Disc." setting between 2-3 because at that setting bottle caps and other iron targets will give a "clipped" shorter signal. Any higher than 2-3 and you might lose the gold signals. :(

Thanks Guys :)
I just hadn't had much luck at a couple popular ones that I had high anticipations of. I do have much more plans though!
Hey Compass,
I do hunt at about a disc of 2, even 1-2 in the water. Mine won't pick up my girlfriends small gold ring even at 2 or a little higher. Maybe I got ripped off when I bought her it instead of finding her one ;)

Don't forget boating areas. I have found more rings and coins in "non-swimming" areas than in "designated" swim areas. HH!

Back
Top Bottom