Lake Hunting with SCUBA

junglebill

Does anyone out there hunt underwater (30-40 feet)? 

Diving has always been an interest for me and I would like to combine MDing with it.  I have several mountain lakes that I could hunt.  I would appreciate any info about the machine(s) you use.

Thanks.

ANyone with experience using a Fisher 1280-X ?

I don't hunt while diving but I am a certified diver and did when I was younger. What is the vison like in these lakes at 30 or 40 feet? How long do you think you can be down? Why do you think there anything to be found in these spots? Rob

Does anyone out there hunt underwater (30-40 feet)?*

Diving has always been an interest for me and I would like to combine MDing with it.* I have several mountain lakes that I could hunt.* I would appreciate any info about the machine(s) you use.

Thanks.

ANyone with experience using a Fisher 1280-X ?

I have been using a 1280X for many years and love it. I also have a CZ-6a for land hunting. The 1280x is better for fresh water although I have used it in salt.

I don't hunt while diving but I am a certified diver and did when I was younger. What is the vison like in these lakes at 30 or 40 feet? How long do you think you can be down? Why do you think there anything to be found in these spots? Rob

"what do you think you will find?" it the key here. unless you are diving on a wreck there is proll'y not allot.

unless you are snorkeling in 3 or 4 feet off a swimming beach i don't think there is much to find except pulltabs and empty cans.

when i was young and partying on the lake all cans and tops/pulltabs got sunk. we never brought any trash back to shore.:(

I use the Excal. but never when I dive. I'm not that comfortable with it.

oh just go and give it a try ,senitivity at 12 o'clock,thereshold as low as you can before it fades completly out , volume cranked, regular mode , and dive dive dive !!!! its that easy.. youll only get better if you try .. hh josh

I ALWAYS dive with my detectors. Even in 3' of water. I am always in fresh water lakes also. At 30 - 40' what are you looking for with a detector? In my experience you will only find fishing lures, boat anchors, cans and pulltabs.

If your right outside swimming areas on dropoffs, you will find coins and rings. A LOT where the wading detectorists cannot get to.

I use CZ 21's and a CZ-20. The best machines IMO!

Back
Top Bottom