1764 two reale, 1800 half reale, buttons, etc...

Hey, you and I have a big job on our shoulders to keep up the CA md'rs image, eh ? :laughing:

Haha, yes we do. I'm still pulling those pesky mercs and an occasional 1800's coin like the Indian I found Saturday.

Congrats Tom. That's some serious California history right there. A California reale is pretty special stuff! We'll... If you've found 30 of them maybe not so special, but to the rest of us!

Awesome hunt Tom! That version with the 2 worlds and the pillars is one I have never found. I've hit earlier and later, that one is on my wanted list for sure!

no haul is good without largies a wasted day! ugggh!

ah c'mon now jmaryt, was that very nice ? :tissue: I mean, seriously have I ever given the east coast guys any cr#p for LCs ? NNNnneeeooohh. So kindly take back your rude remark. Thankyou. :aok:

Congrats Tom. That's some serious California history right there. A California reale is pretty special stuff! We'll... If you've found 30 of them maybe not so special, but to the rest of us!

"30" ? You might be referring to a certain location . But for reales, in general, in CA, at all locations combined, I'm well over 100 by now. Long since lost track.

No gold coins? Tom you really got to find a better spot:laughing:

I know. I am *so* ashamed. Excuse me for the boring reales and buttons. Let me get back out there and find something interesting (gold coins) to brag about :laughing:

That's how you get it done! Congratulations on some stellar findsTom.

Awesome hunt Tom! That version with the 2 worlds and the pillars is one I have never found. I've hit earlier and later, that one is on my wanted list for sure!

thanx Dan and zeemang !

Thanx Fredneck !

Hey, you and I have a big job on our shoulders to keep up the CA md'rs image, eh ? :laughing:

Yes. I had said "stirrup". But I guess "spur" is the more correct term for this part of the appendage. In a bit of a pretzel shape. I know they're more common in your G.R. hunting stomping grounds, but I've only every found a half dozen of these in my time. Inc. some from Nevada stage stops. Luv finding those !

thanx guys !

I have yet to find a spur. Any idea on age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have yet to find a spur. Any idea on age? ...

Good question. Heck, they're still made even today, for equestrian folks.

I just naturally assume the ones I've found were commensurate with the period/context that I'm hunting in (stage stops and mission/rancho/mexican era sites). But technically, I suppose they could date up-to-the-present.

Any equestrian relic buffs here to take a stab at this question ?

Back
Top Bottom