Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > All About Detectors

Old 09-01-2021, 05:40 PM
Elite Member

No Question for me. The XP Deus. Itís so good, lightweight and folds up nice and compact that I can sneak it in with my Nox.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-12-2021, 04:52 PM

Very interesting thread! Today Iíd probably say my one machine would be the Nox800.
Getting a Deus delivered this week and Iím excited to see what I think of that.
Would have loved to have had the Deus during my working career when I spent all that time traveling in Alaska. Love the way it can get so small!

Old 11-27-2021, 08:31 PM
Elite Member

Whites M6. Analog controls and I know it's language. After over a decade with it...It's part of me. Wouldn't try to say it's better than any of the newer ones, but I also wouldn't say any of the newer ones are better than it...in my hands.

Old 11-27-2021, 08:51 PM

Default Xp orx

Hands down... I am killing it with this detector this year. Just found a bucketlister with it today and my shoulder does not hurt after a 4 hour hunt.

Old 11-27-2021, 10:45 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Florida Tabdigger View post
Whites M6. Analog controls and I know it's language. After over a decade with it...It's part of me. Wouldn't try to say it's better than any of the newer ones, but I also wouldn't say any of the newer ones are better than it...in my hands.
I liked my first M6 so much, I bought a second one. That was a few years ago and several new detectors bought and used. I always figure to teach somebody with the two M6 machines. It is as solid and so easy of a machine for any novice. That's just my personal opinion. The M6 is good.

Old 11-28-2021, 01:03 AM
Supporter

The nox.

1892cc Morgan

Old 11-28-2021, 07:34 PM
Elite Member

m6 is a world class "sleeper" outrageous coin and jewelry sniper!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 11-28-2021, 07:44 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Martin_V3i View post
I liked my first M6 so much, I bought a second one. That was a few years ago and several new detectors bought and used. I always figure to teach somebody with the two M6 machines. It is as solid and so easy of a machine for any novice. That's just my personal opinion. The M6 is good.
how good is it?..well it was in whitey's lineup for over 10 years! it was replaced by the mx-5 in '16,then the mx-5 was dumped, and guess what? the m-6 was reinstated. that's how good! I'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Old 11-28-2021, 11:31 PM

Minelab Equinox 800

Old 11-28-2021, 11:52 PM
Elite Member

Whites M6

The Whites M6 is/was a great detector. I still have mine stored away.

Old 11-29-2021, 11:25 PM
Elite Member

whatever one of them that makes me the most money and the rarest of finds! And so far it's the nox hands down! From silver-gold to copper nuggets it has been an awesome detector.

Old 11-30-2021, 05:26 AM
Elite Member

It's a toss-up between EQ800 and E-Trac for me. I've owned and used many detectors from White's, Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro, etc.

Problem is that I really loved the tones and discrimination of the E-Trac, but I enjoy the lighter, waterproof and sensitive EQ800 which I can hunt gold nuggets with, but the EQ800 IMHO doesnt come close to E-Trac for intelligible discrimination!

What a tough question! I guess I'll go with the EQ800 while missing my E-Trac

Old 11-30-2021, 09:56 AM
Elite Member

Smile

Originally Posted by yrekadude View post
It's a toss-up between EQ800 and E-Trac for me. I've owned and used many detectors from White's, Minelab, Garrett, Tesoro, etc.

Problem is that I really loved the tones and discrimination of the E-Trac, but I enjoy the lighter, waterproof and sensitive EQ800 which I can hunt gold nuggets with, but the EQ800 IMHO doesnt come close to E-Trac for intelligible discrimination!

What a tough question! I guess I'll go with the EQ800 while missing my E-Trac
I will likely never get rid of my Etrac nor the Explorer SE Pro, but I do use either a 600 or 800 Equinox since about 2 years ago. It's a pretty good stable of detectors.

Old 12-04-2021, 02:31 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by jmaclen View post
Now that is much more specific information than your first post ="at this time" and "for all areas and terrain types".

I respect Monte a lot and the others on this forum who will disagree.....however, the Equinox 600 or 800 would be my choice under those conditions. It might not be the best at any specific site compared to another detector but it will find most of the targets in any terrain type or mineralization from my experience with over 5,000 hours on the Equinox (and I do keep a log.)

I never thought you had ill intentions. I just needed you to be more clear about your conditions.
That is pretty impressive almost 5 hours a day. You must be retired and healthy to put those hours in on the 800.

CTX3030, Nox 800 (sold), Steves CF shaft, 6" nox coil, Coiltek 10 x 5" Nox coil, Vanquish 440. Civil War research and relic hunting and coin hunting. Lake beach hunting, short wave listening (sold radio to pay for new CTX3030). US Army veteran. shout out to all veterans and patriots!

Old 12-04-2021, 02:36 PM
Supporter

deleted didn't want to PO too many people.

CTX3030, Nox 800 (sold), Steves CF shaft, 6" nox coil, Coiltek 10 x 5" Nox coil, Vanquish 440. Civil War research and relic hunting and coin hunting. Lake beach hunting, short wave listening (sold radio to pay for new CTX3030). US Army veteran. shout out to all veterans and patriots!

Last edited by maxxkatt; 12-04-2021 at 02:41 PM. Reason: deleted

Old 12-06-2021, 10:24 PM

I would have to say for me if I were going to only choose one it would have to be The Xterra 705 I truly believe it is one of the most under rated detectors ever produced and once you learn all of its capabilities and there are many its really hard to beat i have never felt the need to upgrade to something other percieve as better

Old 12-12-2021, 11:54 PM

I'm analog only, so for me, it would be a Tesoro. Since I hunt woods more than anything else, probably the Cibola. If I could have two detectors for the rest of my life, I would add the Compadre.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:00 PM
Elite Member

I reread through this thread and was surprised how many M6 lovers there are. The new top of the line detectors will always get thrown in there, but when one that wasn't the flagship gets so many votes, it tells you something. I haven't stayed with this detector because it's so simple...I'm actually a tech junky. It always continues to amaze me how fast and deep it pulls the smallest of items. I have honestly pulled 8-10 inch coins out of the ground surrounded by iron targets with a 4x6 inch coil and even deeper with the 9.5. Just a wonderful machine.

Old 12-17-2021, 01:03 AM

Deus-3

Old 12-17-2021, 06:21 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Beachhunt1 View post
Deus-3
Probably...I am actually impressed with the 2 from what little I have seen.