• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nokta makro smf live launch!

It looks like the introduction date is going to be just in time for Christmas rush.
Wonder if that was on purpose?

It looks like the introduction date is going to be just in time for Christmas rush.
Wonder if that was on purpose?

Not sure, seems too late for Christmas. They may get them in some people's hands by Christmas but my guess is most of the first units will be coming after the first of the year.

Still very interested and what Nokta comes out with as well as XP and the Dues II.

If they are not air freighted, it will be next year lol, they will just sit on cargo ships off the coast for months. Been waiting on some injectors for my tractor for 4 months now.

If they are not air freighted, it will be next year lol, they will just sit on cargo ships off the coast for months. Been waiting on some injectors for my tractor for 4 months now.

Air freight is also overloaded. There is a lot of air freight that travels in the bellies of passenger aircraft and when the number of passenger flights (especially international) dropped dramatically so did air cargo capacity. Combine that with the explosion of ecommerce due to COVID and the shortage in truck drivers and package handlers as well as everyone trying to use air because of the problems with ground/ocean and the whole transportation business is a mess right now. I work in logistics and it is a difficult time all around.

I'm sure all the metal detector companies are struggling with logistics as well and these new product rollouts will be more of a challenge than they were in the past.

Great news! The detector market, quite honestly, has a lot of very fine detectors available now that are capable of handling any task. Most posters on the few remaining active forums use one or more detectors that work well and really do not need a replacement. More coils and different coils, perhaps, but the detector offerings work fine.

I have my Apex for SMF and mostly Coin Hunting use, as well as a brand new Impact I just received on Wednesday and mounted the 7" Concentric primarily for Coin & Jewelry Hunting. My CoRe and Relic devices haven't been out-performed and remain my main-use team for serious Relic Hunting the very heavily Iron contaminated old sites.

I have owned many SMF models from Minelab, Fisher, White's and now Garrett. Many worked well for a lot of tasks, but most of the time a good Single-Frequency detector, by design or selectable, did what they did or sometimes did it better.

That said, there is a market for SMF's and in some cases they can bring us an 'edge in performance. Of all the detector makers still around, I knew we would see something from Garrett, and knowing the excellent build quality and attention to performance from the folks at Nokra/Makro, this pending SMF is the only detector I have been holding out for because, deep down, I think it will bring a significant enhancement to the upper-end detector market. I have a really functional Detector Team but there is room for one more key player and I believe this will be it.

Monte

Jim thanks for the link. Will be very interested to see what Nokta has come up with. And with Deus coming out with a new one Minelab can't afford to let any grass grow under their feet. 2022 should be a heck of a year. Good luck, Mark

More than likely to steal the thunder of the deus launch.
Very well played.

Last edited:
These ships are a meager 3 miles off my coast. So if I can get a good strong offshore wind , I can paddle my surfboard out and have them lower my detector down. I can be the 1st to detect on the west coast ! It's the paddle back to shore part I haven't figured out yet....

These ships are a meager 3 miles off my coast. So if I can get a good strong offshore wind , I can paddle my surfboard out and have them lower my detector down. I can be the 1st to detect on the west coast ! It's the paddle back to shore part I haven't figured out yet....

Get some diving gear and leg weights, you could detect all the way back to shore

I am definitely looking forward to this release. I plan on upgrading my old, lower end machine in the next few months and was looking at the Equinox 800. With winter coming I am in no rush so will wait to see how this one stacks up. On paper it sounds promising.

I am definitely looking forward to this release. I plan on upgrading my old, lower end machine in the next few months and was looking at the Equinox 800. With winter coming I am in no rush so will wait to see how this one stacks up. On paper it sounds promising.

I just ordered a new 800.
My decision was solely based on the positive experiences Mrs. atomicbrh has had with her Vanquish 340 in the past few months. We needed another detector for beach trips. We thought about the 540 but decided by the time you pay for a wireless pro package, we might as well spend a little more and get the 800. We are going to wait a period of time before we try the Nokta/Makro to see if it has any hiccups. That waiting period will be very short if the price is real cheap. I have not had much success with products from Turkey in a nonelectric industry.

My decision was solely based on the positive experiences Mrs. atomicbrh has had with her Vanquish 340 in the past few months. We needed another detector for beach trips. We thought about the 540 but decided by the time you pay for a wireless pro package, we might as well spend a little more and get the 800. We are going to wait a period of time before we try the Nokta/Makro to see if it has any hiccups. That waiting period will be very short if the price is real cheap. I have not had much success with products from Turkey in a nonelectric industry.

Did you mean the Equinox 600?

The 540 pro-pack is $500 and the Equinox 800 is $950. That's almost double the price.

Did you mean the Equinox 600?

The 540 pro-pack is $500 and the Equinox 800 is $950. That's almost double the price.

All four of the forum sponsors here offer considerable discounts to forum members. The price difference was not nearly double when those discounts are taken into consideration. Also, the Vanquish series does not include a rechargeable battery back. We like the RnB battery packs and the purchase of a RnB battery pack with charger would have added to the Vanquish cost. When we want to buy something, we just call the forum sponsors on the list to find out which one has the item we want in stock.

I don't 'need' a new detector, but really do wish to upgrade. I figure I can wait a bit and see what this one brings before making my decision on this or the 800. I am sure I would be happy either way though.

Back
Top Bottom