Sand Scoop on Cruise Ships?

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
Has anyone packed their sand scoop and taken it on the ship? I am checking bags so I can fly it no issues, but concerned it may be considered a 'weapon'. It looks like it could do some damage.

BCD

... but concerned it may be considered a 'weapon'. It looks like it could do some damage

Is this a serious question ? Really ? A sand scoop being perceived as a weapon ? :?:

If someone were "hell bent" on taking an appendage device like a sand scoop, and hurting someone on a cruise-ship with it, then : What's to stop them from merely picking up a chair from the dining room, and hitting the patron next to them with it ? Or to strangle the person next to you with your neck tie or belt ? Or to throw your dinner plate at them ?

No, I don't think anyone gives 2 sh#ts about this.

Has anyone packed their sand scoop and taken it on the ship? I am checking bags so I can fly it no issues, but concerned it may be considered a 'weapon'. It looks like it could do some damage.

BCD

Depends upon the country! The edges could be sharpened making it one deadly weapon!

You laugh, but.... a pilot friend of mine was stopped in Canada, he landed with a slingshot. They actually detained him over it.

It is the quest scoop. The argument could easily be made by someone unfamiliar. It's new too so the edges are still sharp.

BCD.

Is this a serious question ? Really ? A sand scoop being perceived as a weapon ? :?:

If someone were "hell bent" on taking an appendage device like a sand scoop, and hurting someone on a cruise-ship with it, then : What's to stop them from merely picking up a chair from the dining room, and hitting the patron next to them with it ? Or to strangle the person next to you with your neck tie or belt ? Or to throw your dinner plate at them ?

No, I don't think anyone gives 2 sh#ts about this.

Maybe put electrical tape along that sharp edge.

But .... oh my goodness ..... the md'r could still remove the tape during the cruise-ship ride, and begin to attack people. Me oh my, it's still too risky.

I wonder if they allow toe-nail clippers on cruise-ships ? :laughing:

But .... oh my goodness ..... the md'r could still remove the tape during the cruise-ship ride, and begin to attack people. Me oh my, it's still too risky.

I wonder if they allow toe-nail clippers on cruise-ships ? :laughing:

Just put a replica hand grenade in your bag, they will forget all about that ninja warrior sand sifter.

I use a cf travel shaft that breaks down into 2. Throw everything into the suitcase and have never had a problem. More than likely they won't let you take it carry-on. Also the battery in the detector might be an issue depending on the carrier and the battery size.

I use a cf travel shaft that breaks down into 2. Throw everything into the suitcase and have never had a problem. More than likely they won't let you take it carry-on. Also the battery in the detector might be an issue depending on the carrier and the battery size.
I am good for the plane. Concerned with the cruise ship. Have you taken one on a ship?

BCD

Yall are old and worry about everything.

Step 1: Turn off CNN
Step 2: Pack sand scoop
Step 3: only spend 1 hour off the cattle ship using said scoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yall are old and worry about everything.

Step 1: Turn off CNN
Step 2: Pack sand scoop
Step 3: only spend 1 hour off the cattle ship using said scoop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cruise ships legit have a list of !!!! that you can't take and a lot of it doesn't make sense. I'd hate to lose my new scoop because they pulled it out of my bag and 'lost' it.
I'll be detecting in every port.
As for news, CNN is blocked at my house.

BCD

Gig said no issues, ...

Maybe gig said that, but ... here's what you need to do, *just* to make sure : Go to the cruise-ship line's desk-jockey lawyer. Ask him : "Can I bring my dangerous sharp 5 ft. long weapon-like tool with me on board ?" After all, ya can't be too safe. :cool3:

I'm still trying to figure out how that sand scoop is going to help you when your swimming at the bottom of the cruise ship pool looking for all those fresh drops:laughing:

First search the cruise ship's forbidden items. ESPECIALLY look for METAL DETECTORS. There are several cruise lines that restrict the taking of a metal detector, not because of the use on a ship, but the use in the country the ship will dock at.

For NCL: https://www.ncl.com/prohibited-items
For Celebrity: https://www.celebritycruises.com/faqs/before-you-board
For Royal Caribbean: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy
For Disney: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/
Additionally, the following items are restricted
Electronics
Ham radios
Metal detectors
Streaming Devices (Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, etc.)

Though a detector and or scoop is allowed onboard, they may be confiscated by the local customs when taking them ashore.

For example: Two of us HAVE HAD all our metal detecting equipment confiscated when traveling into Jamaca. It took almost two hours to have the equipment returned seven days later, on the morning we were leaving Jamaca. Metal detecting equipment was not banned on the flight, but they are prohibited from being taken into Jamaca.

Hope you have a safe trip. We call them Covid Cruises here , as several have been quarantined and people are stuck on the ship as the disease spreads. Always check swimming pools as I once got lucky finding a small diamond ring. CNN used to be a great channel. Only time I turn it on now is that I want to know what my enemy is doing. Take a cheap scoop incase you lose it.

Back
Top Bottom