Simplex + 11-inch Search Coils Are Different

beephead

Elite Member
I've been looking at some ads and noticed that the 11-inch search coils have a different design but the price is the same. What's up?

beephead

Thanks, everyone, but why would they still be displaying a picture of the old search coil on a new detector for sale?

beephead

Now, this picture will get you to thinking that something ain't right. It looks like the seller did a bait and switch with the search coil. Look at the picture on the box then look at the search coil. The box was produced LATER than the older style search coil. It couldn't be the other way around.

beephead

Attachments

• simplex.jpg
    simplex.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 409
I think I have a first Gen coil on mine. Seems to work just fine. Really hoping they come out with some new coil options soon...

Now, this picture will get you to thinking that something ain't right. It looks like the seller did a bait and switch with the search coil. Look at the picture on the box then look at the search coil. The box was produced LATER than the older style search coil. It couldn't be the other way around.

beephead

My simplex came with the coil in the picture, and in the box pictured showing the newer coil so it does happen. What does seem odd is the headphones are the blue edition, but the simplex comes with the green edition phones. The package does seem put together.

Which brings up another question, what's the difference between the green and blue edition headphones?

beephead

Guys, so which coil is the new one? The one without the inner webbing or whatever?

Back
Top Bottom