Problem with Pro Pointer

youngnewiowan21

Yesterday I got a bouncy $.50 & $.25 signal on my ACE 250 about 4 - 6 inches and i got down about 5 or 6 and i still wasn't getting a reading on my Pro Pointer so i dug down two inches and I started to get a faint slow beep on my PP so i dug another inch or so and i got a loud signal then all of a sudden my PP started sounding like a two-tone siren and when i held it up in the air i still wouldn't quit so I shut it off and turned it back on and it was still doing this so i took out the battery and put it back in that made it quit but when i put it back in the hole it did it again. by this time i had already dug done about nine inches is it like a pipe alert or something? Please help.

I don't have a Garrett PP, but from what I have read, you need a new battery... At least that is what that alarm sound means...

Good luck!!

<*)))>{

I had the same type of problem with mine, call Garrett they will give you RMA# send it back & they will fix or replace under warranty. Mine was a bad coil, 10-12 day total turn around time

Normally that sound indicates a low battery. Its a possibility that its also a connection issue. There are two fixes to try.

1) Change the battery

2) Place a coin on the inside of the cap to form a complete circuit.

If neither works, then send it back.

I think a near-dead battery. When you removed the battery, you gave it a chance to recover some juice, but once you put it back in, it didn't take long to die again. Try a fresh battery before you call Garrett.

I think a near-dead battery. When you removed the battery, you gave it a chance to recover some juice, but once you put it back in, it didn't take long to die again. Try a fresh battery before you call Garrett.

Exactly, my thoughts!!

<*)))>{

Back
Top Bottom