Rumored new simultaneous multi frequency detector

MuddyMo

Forum Supporter
"I thought Minelab had the patents on smf.."

I don't know for certain but believe this has to be the biggest wives-tale or excuse why other companies haven't stepped up and put out a new smf. Fisher made smf in their CZ models and still make the cz3d smf. Although they haven't upgraded forever. Whites made the smf DFX. At least Whites came out with a new model, the v3 and now make the V3I, an upgrade how many years ago?. There may be other foreign companies making them that I haven't heard of too. How many years have we heard of the rumored nokta/makro smf? I think it would be hilarious if a new company, even if it was a Chinese company, put out one before the now big players who have been sitting on their azzes for years. (so long as they don't rip off someone else's tech)

It is interesting to me too. Minelabs technology certainly has proven to be very effective. I feel like eventually one of the other companies are going to try and compete. The machine that is very interesting to me is the XP Deus. It seems to get very good depth, and it’s a single frequency machine. If they could take that platform, make it waterproof, and make it MF, that would amazing.

Makro first released the red racer in February of 2015..I’d say that company blew by everyone in just 5 years from they’re first launch,giving everyone what they asked for..Makro will come out with a multi frequency I’m sure...Minelabs FBS simultaneous multi frequency coin machines have been out 20 years before they figured out it was time to create a lighter relic version and incorporate simultaneous multi frequency in it..

"I thought Minelab had the patents on smf.."

Two things to consider.

1. Patents have expiration dates. Typically 20 years from issuance.
  2. There are two broad types of patents "Method" patents and "Apparatus" patents.
Of the two, Method patents are more fundamental and typically broader in scope. Apparatus patents are narrower and can more easily be designed around so as not to infringe the claims.

Patients aside, there's 2 ways for a detector company to bring a multi freq to market.
Take a big gamble and spend a big big bunch of money on R&D to produce it from the ground up.
Or copy the software and alter it enough so as you can't be accused of fraud.

Last edited:
i think it will be done, however circumventing patents
is NOT for the "faint of heart!"..i'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Patients aside, there's 2 ways for a detector company to bring a multi freq to market.
Take a big gamble and spend a big big bunch of money on R&D to produce it from the ground up.
Or copy the software and alter it enough so as you can't be accused of fraud.

Well we know how Nokta-Makro roll so no need for speculation or rumors -

Ground up & in control :cool3:

There's enough information on the forums to make a great sellable detector based on what we want and solve the problems using software and design engineers that are educated. I'm just wondering why this hasn't already been done.
We landed on the moon in 1969 for pity's sake.

We don't need another Equinox clone. Unless someone can bring something to the table that is different we already have a great detector. Well aside from the bad ergonomic designs. To top it off Minelab already claimed the slightly cheaper model market with the Vanquish. So what is the competition to supposed to do?

The discriminating PI is the next leap.

Until then anything released will be another slight variation of what we already have. New color. Different shaft. Slight frequency change. Smaller coil. Larger coil.

I'll save my money. Unless it kicks the snot out of the Equinox on the beach.

We don't need another Equinox clone. Unless someone can bring something to the table that is different we already have a great detector. Well aside from the bad ergonomic designs. To top it off Minelab already claimed the slightly cheaper model market with the Vanquish. So what is the competition to supposed to do?

The discriminating PI is the next leap.

Until then anything released will be another slight variation of what we already have. New color. Different shaft. Slight frequency change. Smaller coil. Larger coil.

I'll save my money. Unless it kicks the snot out of the Equinox on the beach.

They should make an FBS machine in a lightweight, wireless package, and for a reasonable price. That's my wish!

I would like to see a multi frequency detector like the Nox but that is more ergonomical, has a stronger control box (Like whites metal boxes) with a 8" DD coil.

Back
Top Bottom