Reale, seateds, and phoenix buttons

Great, entertaining video. LOVE those Phoenix buttons. Congrats on the great hunt.

Doug

Awesome finds boss, thanks for taking us along!

Congrats, Tom!

Looks like you guys had a great trip. Always fun to pull stuff out of where you e already been. It’s amazing the stuff that gets missed. Great video as well. I enjoyed it

Doug, zeemang, mad-mitch, & CT pilgrim, thanx for helping us relish in our hunt. Let's see some action and eye-candy show from you guys too ! :cool:

Don't you get tired of reales? ...

Ha, after probably 150 by now, it seems like it's getting that way. I know that 1700s coins are a "dime-a-dozen" on the east coast , but here on the west coast, we have to fight to get dates like that ! :sissyfight:

"Epic day of detecting" for many of us mere mortals. Hope you weren't bored to tears Tom. Those phoenix buttons seem to keep in good condition!

Well, we tried to do the video to show a few "Fails". So that it wouldn't seem like the bass-fishing channel, where every cast is a lunker. So we included clips of lead junk, or whatever. Because truth be told, we hit a few spots that turned out to be a total waste of time. But it was all fun. Heck, md'ing wouldn't be half as fun if it were always easy, eh ? :laughing:

Wow! I got to see Tom in action! :) ...

That was me for a short clip, starting at 5:20. I'm easy to spot d/t my rippling biceps, and charming good looks. :cool3:

Dang Tom, thats killin it! Us mountain folk can only dream about what you west and east coasters find!

Nah, don't be envious of the east coast shows. Those are all just photo-shop nonsense. And the same dozen LC's sent back and forth to each other, for supposed new-finds. Tsk tsk. :aok:

Good job guys! One day I will get a grown up reale instead of the baby half reales I get. Just keep digging....

Fun video, thanks for sharing. Congrats on the finds.

Jamflicker, thanx for coming along on our trip ! I may not tilt the world with piles of silver like you, but at least I can get an older coin now and then :cool:

Good job guys! One day I will get a grown up reale instead of the baby half reales I get. Just keep digging....

Don't you guys get 1's and 2's , etc...on the east coast ? Oh well, if not, you can take solace in the stacks of LC's that you dig. *RIGHT* ? :laughing:

That looked like some fun hunting! How many reales this year?

I dunno. I Lose track. Probably no more than 4 or 5 this year. In my earlier years of hardcore hunting, we pulled a lot each year.

Didn't really progress to 'hardcore' till the early to mid 1990s. And since that time : Probably 100 reales ?

Heck , 33 from a single site alone. So it has to be well-north of 100 reales by now, when all the spots are inc'd.

Thanks for sharing. Both of you! Looks like too much fun.

I've found buckles identical to the ones you guys did, so maybe someday I'll find a reale :lol:. Or a Phoenix. Or a seated. Or something :lol:.

- Dave

I dunno. I Lose track. Probably no more than 4 or 5 this year. In my earlier years of hardcore hunting, we pulled a lot each year.

Didn't really progress to 'hardcore' till the early to mid 1990s. And since that time : Probably 100 reales ?

Heck , 33 from a single site alone. So it has to be well-north of 100 reales by now, when all the spots are inc'd.

Unbelievable! Have you found any at Rancherias?

Thanks for sharing. Both of you! Looks like too much fun.

I've found buckles identical to the ones you guys did, so maybe someday I'll find a reale :lol:. Or a Phoenix. Or a seated. Or something :lol:.

- Dave

Thanx for helping us relish in our hunt Dave ! Good luck to you.

...Have you found any at Rancherias?

Are you referring to Indian "rancherias" ? Eg.: The "contact era", when the pre-history villages continued to exist up through and during contact times. And traded with the incoming Europeans ? And then went back to their villages, and promptly engaged in "Fumble fingers" ? If so : Yes.

Or were you referring to RANCHOS ? Ie.: the land-grants (over 700 in CA) that invariably had a homestead (adobe) on them ? If so, yes.

Great video - I really enjoyed it! It seems your area is as dry as ours in Colorado - but it's like digging into concrete in most places here...

The Phoenix buttons are really cool!

Thanx for helping us relish in our hunt Dave ! Good luck to you.

Are you referring to Indian "rancherias" ? Eg.: The "contact era", when the pre-history villages continued to exist up through and during contact times. And traded with the incoming Europeans ? And then went back to their villages, and promptly engaged in "Fumble fingers" ? If so : Yes.

Or were you referring to RANCHOS ? Ie.: the land-grants (over 700 in CA) that invariably had a homestead (adobe) on them ? If so, yes.

Both. I was confused with that portion of California history. Rancho, Spanish. Rancharia, Native American. I had the two confused. Some of those blend together toward Sacramento. Or my mind blended them together. Some of those early 1850's maps with the Spanish land grants show Indian villages. Probably how I confused the two.

Great video - I really enjoyed it! It seems your area is as dry as ours in Colorado - but it's like digging into concrete in most places here...

The Phoenix buttons are really cool!

Mountain-pirate, thanx for chiming in . Hope you catch some lunkers out your way too now !

Both. I was confused with that portion of California history. Rancho, Spanish. Rancharia, Native American. I had the two confused. Some of those blend together toward Sacramento. Or my mind blended them together. Some of those early 1850's maps with the Spanish land grants show Indian villages. Probably how I confused the two.

Yes: All the western frontier outposts *do* sort of melt into a confusing blob after awhile. There's the Spanish era (initial European toehold), then the Mexican era (1822/23-ish onwards). Then the American era (for just a year or two), then the statehood era (1850 onwards).

And within each of these is various geographic and people-groups etc.... I sometimes get sloppy and call the entire pre-American era as "mission era". But that's a sloppy label, since by the Mexican era, little towns were already forming, private land-holdings was underway (land grants) etc.... And the Indians could, by then, have now-been a mixed in population, depending on where they were. Versus other parts of the state where they were still fairly "un-contacted" even up to the start of the G.R.

A lot of sloppy labels going on , haha.

Guess I better start invading Nevada for seateds. Since reales are getting oh-so-ho-hum :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom