1800s house gives it up one coin at a time

MasonDixonMding

Elite Member
I hit the corn field next to the 1800s house I’ve been hunting this morning before thanksgiving dinner. So I’ve found a New York civil war button two Indian and a large cent at this house in the past. This morning I found 1857 flying eagle. I never dreamed I would fine one so soon. I just started detecting in June and only have two Indians. I guess that’s what makes this so fun you just never know what you will find.

Attachments

• 81DA242C-786C-457E-B152-5C4E6A29ED01.jpeg
    81DA242C-786C-457E-B152-5C4E6A29ED01.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 351
Thank you both. Coinboy I see your from Iowa. I’ve been all over the country and my favorite place is harpers ferry Iowa. It’s beautiful and the people are so nice.

:cool3:I almost didn’t dig it. It should ring up on my machine in the 70s this was in the upper 40s I thought it was trash, so when I saw it was a coin I was surprised. Than i saw it was fat. I thought it was and old Indian which I have not found yet, so I was very existed. When I cleaned it off I was blown away! I wish I would have started detecting a long time ago.
I can’t believe how much fun I’m having!

Congratulations on the Flying Eagle. That is a dream find for sure. The condition is pretty nice too.

Doug

Thank you I still can’t be leave I found one so soon. I thought I was the only one that liked shot gun shells. My oldest that I have found so far was 1880s to 1900 I think. I am excited to see your head site.

Congrats! In very good condition as well! Found an 1858 about three weeks ago myself.

shoot, I have dug a couple hundred indians....and one of those flyers still hasn't popped up for me yet. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom