Reale, seateds, and phoenix buttons

Tom_in_CA

Elite Member
Got out with hunting partner "Cal Cobra" Brian, for a road trip. All our objectives/itinerary was mostly "old news" spots. Of varying degrees of past-pressure. But that just makes it all-the-more satisfying to pull stuff from our past-footprints. :cool3: Adds to the story, the shadow box for our site-specific trays, etc....

At a few of the stops, we had some live digs. At others, they are just still-pictures. So this video is a combination of both. Enjoy !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHhVseSHWac

The only correction I have to the video is that the date on my reale was noted as "1797". It was 1796. These sites have given up reales and buttons in the past. So Brian and I were happy to add to the tallies :)

As for the 4 phoenix buttons on the trek (3 from one stop, and 1 from another spot hours-away) : They are all type 1 style 1, common #'s. According to the chart . But priceless to us :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rX9XFCFw-SKRiUFZfdtzFg7GIjUwzoJJ/view

great hunt. My goodness you dirt on the video looks so easy to dig. Was your distance between stop in hours of driving or hiking?

No LC's? Geez.....

No thankyou. We prefer not to be bothered by "pesky bothersome" LC's. tsk tsk :sissyfight:

great hunt. My goodness you dirt on the video looks so easy to dig. Was your distance between stop in hours of driving or hiking?

Yes. I suppose the scenery shows the type terrain we were in . That yes, is easy to dig. At least at this time of year.

The spots were at various spots in CA, at up to a few-hours-apart, and everything in-between. A total of 6 spots (although some were very brief kicks-&-giggles stops).

This is my 15k post!!!:confetti::congras::stars::party2:
I have to say a speech...so here it is..What? No L.C.?:lol:

thanx ! I am honored to be the recipient of your 15k post !

And .... no ....there's no LC's. D/t we purposefully pass those pesky nuisance LCs. Any other questions ? :cool3:

Amazing hunting you two. I could feel the excitement in the video!

thanx for looking ground-sweeper.

And yes : Videos capture the passion that a still picture can not capture. Like trying to deduce an NFL player capturing a spectacular end-zone pass : A still-picture never quite does it justice, eh ? :laughing:

What no gold coins? Just some lame old phoenix buttons. :laughing::laughing:

But anyways nice finds!

haha, thanx for joining us on our hunt. In the past, Brian had gotten one of his gold coins from the location where the seateds came from on this trip. A $1.00 gold on a previous trip here. So believe-you-me : We were holding out hope that we could bag another. :cool:

No thankyou. We prefer not to be bothered by "pesky bothersome" LC's. tsk tsk :sissyfight:

Yes. I suppose the scenery shows the type terrain we were in . That yes, is easy to dig. At least at this time of year.

The spots were at various spots in CA, at up to a few-hours-apart, and everything in-between. A total of 6 spots (although some were very brief kicks-&-giggles stops).

Nice thing about a day like you had, good male companionship and no worries when you are detecting. When out detecting I even forget my wife's daughter's jerk of a husband who annoys me at every single turn. You know one of those who thinks they know everything but cannot even take care of their own family financially.

Good research equals great success. Congrats to both of you!

thanx for helping us relish our hunt :)

Nice thing about a day like you had, good male companionship and no worries when you are detecting. When out detecting I even forget my wife's daughter's jerk of a husband who annoys me at every single turn. You know one of those who thinks they know everything but cannot even take care of their own family financially.

Thanx Maxx-katt : Yes, work & problems becomes "a million miles away" when you're pulling up a nice old coin or button , eh ? :cool3:

Dang Tom, thats killin it! Us mountain folk can only dream about what you west and east coasters find!

Looks like you guys had a great trip. Always fun to pull stuff out of where you e already been. It’s amazing the stuff that gets missed. Great video as well. I enjoyed it

Back
Top Bottom