Introduction

Fraud Vitiates

Hello,

Hope members see this. I Just joined. Recently purchased a detector. I wish I would of came across this forum first to get tips on buying my first detector. Still waiting for delivery. Purchased a Pancky PK-0075.

Totally new to metal detecting. I have been immersed in reading online tips and guidelines for beginners and came across the Metal Detecting Forum. I been a coin collector since a child, finding wheat pennies and old nickels and dimes in spare change. I got more serious in 2016 and starting buying silver bullion mostly online.

I came across a post from 2012 saying that Cook County Forest preserve banned metal detecting?

What is the latest on metal detecting in Cook County forest preserves?

Jesse,

Welcome from Maryland

There’s a lot of cooks counties across the country. The state would help.
Good luck hope you have some fun!

Welcome from CT. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from Memphis,TN. I just joined yesterday and looking forward to sharing/receiving info to help identify some of those mystery finds.

Hello,

Hope members see this. I Just joined. Recently purchased a detector. I wish I would of came across this forum first to get tips on buying my first detector. Still waiting for delivery. Purchased a Pancky PK-0075.

Totally new to metal detecting. I have been immersed in reading online tips and guidelines for beginners and came across the Metal Detecting Forum. I been a coin collector since a child, finding wheat pennies and old nickels and dimes in spare change. I got more serious in 2016 and starting buying silver bullion mostly online.

I came across a post from 2012 saying that Cook County Forest preserve banned metal detecting?

What is the latest on metal detecting in Cook County forest preserves?

Jesse,

Welcome to the Friendly!

Have not heard of that particular brand of metal detector but hopefully it will work well and get you started in this great hobby! :yes:

Welcome Aboard!

I had to look that machine up.... looks like it might be on par with the old ACE150, but if it performs as it did in the couple videos I watched you should be happy with it I doubt that its waterproof, even though I did see that stated.
It MAY be "weather resistant" though.

Wow, Cook County? Time to move to Florida! Seriously though, I've heard that it's getting harder and harder to find Public sites to detect at. Your best bet is family and friends yards. Start in your yard though until you get proficient at cutting plugs (we don't call it digging a hole) to recover targets.

HERE is a link to my blog, you may find it an interesting read...

Back
Top Bottom