Winter escapes for us northern folk?

Smooth23

Elite Member
I'm wondering where you guys have gone to get your mid winter metal detecting fix? Usually the ground is frozen rock solid by now where I'm at.. so any day now it'll be completely undiggable until march or april at the absolute earliest. Where've you gone to get your hook in? Whenever we take our yearly florida trip I'll bring my machine, but I'm thinking more like a solo trip somewhere to hit the dirt in like mid January

Never drops below 32* where I'm at (lest that make "front page news"). So : We don't have that problem here :cool3:

I've dug through a few inches of frost several times. Once it gets more than 3" or so then that's the end till some warmer weather thaws it out some. Typically maybe a few weeks or so a winter I can't dig. So that's not so bad.

I've dug through a few inches of frost several times. Once it gets more than 3" or so then that's the end till some warmer weather thaws it out some. Typically maybe a few weeks or so a winter I can't dig. So that's not so bad.

The ground here will freeze several feet deep :(

I used to go to FL for a week or so -I didn't do beaches but unpaved parking lots//
use a bat. drill and a 3/4" spade drill with the point ground off-pops the coin outta the hard parking lot zippo.

I'm wondering where you guys have gone to get your mid winter metal detecting fix? Usually the ground is frozen rock solid by now where I'm at.. so any day now it'll be completely undiggable until march or april at the absolute earliest. Where've you gone to get your hook in? Whenever we take our yearly florida trip I'll bring my machine, but I'm thinking more like a solo trip somewhere to hit the dirt in like mid January

Panama City Beach is a great spot, or anyplace between there and Pensacola... lots of beach, just be sure to take a good scoop!

Beach Guy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom