• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Lions and Tig...Bobcats and Bears, oh my! (My Game Cameras)

13905af94d8a990be4ade238439436ae.jpg

116e1603a2d47fb733687fccae360bd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

86041fe09dd3a855aea3e9a01c7760c1.jpg

39c2dc00402f0f4971232b5e34d6bdd1.jpg

The last one is a photoshop of a Coyote and Fox. They are standing in the exact spots from the original photos, so the size reference is accurate.

Very cool pics!! What part of the country do you like? I would guess upper west maybe Oregon-Washington??

What camera? It takes great pics. Im currently in meat hunting mode as Im out of permissions. Would like a camera with this type of quality photos than the deer pics im currently getting.

Wow, some very good photos indeed, thanks for sharing, you definitely have a quality game camera there ! :thumbsup:

(I'm just glad we don't have some of those critters (like the bears) here though :lol:)

Most of the photos in this thread are frames from videos, which I post on YouTube. My YouTube channel is Oregon Coast Wildlife. I identify the camera in the title of every video, so check out my videos and click on the Subscribe and Like buttons if you enjoy my videos. [emoji846]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdyjDFgPz05s_119UHwFCYg/videos

I do take some photos with Moultrie cameras, the M-50 and M8000. Moultrie cameras do not have the video quality that I want for my videos.

neat stuff, I really like get videos of cats. House Cats like sand to use for their bathroom. I wonder if BobCats &/or Mountain Cats do that to? I've not tried it for them with one of my cams but I will someday

Another hobby of mine. Game cameras.

I slowed this segment of a Bobcat video down to 1/4 speed. It’s amazing how far they can jump.

Last edited:
Amazing is right ! Thanks for posting that… and all your others, as well.

In a few of your earlier vids of Mountain Lions, strolling past your cameras, one would often go right up to it and check it out real close. What do you think got their attention; camera lens reflection, human scent at camera or something else?

Amazing is right ! Thanks for posting that… and all your others, as well.

In a few of your earlier vids of Mountain Lions, strolling past your cameras, one would often go right up to it and check it out real close. What do you think got their attention; camera lens reflection, human scent at camera or something else?

Thanks for watching some more of my videos [emoji482], I put a lot of work into trying to get good images for everyone to look at.

I purposely use Low Glow cameras, which have infrared LEDs that emit a dim red glow, versus No Glow cameras, which do not glow. I want the animals to look at the camera when they trigger it, so I get either good face shots, have the animals come up to the camera for a sniff or have some type of reaction from the animal.

During the day, I think they are attracted to the cameras for a variety of reasons. Rectangles are rare in nature, animals have an acute sense of smell and the cameras make a sound, when they turn on, which is largely inaudible to humans, but animals can hear things far beyond humans are all reasons for the animals to take notice.

Many people have to use No Glow - often referred to as Black Glow - cameras, because they have to worry about two-legged creatures walking away with them, but my property is a mile long and a quarter mile wide and every image I’ve ever taken has been within a few hundred yards of my house.

Last edited:
I get dozens(hundreds?) of videos of raccoons every week. They are quite the characters.

Attachments

• IMG_0016_Moment.jpg
    IMG_0016_Moment.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 214

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom