• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Introduction

oski_98

Hello,

I'm new to the forum. I used to metal detect with a White's 4900/D when I was a kid (still have that MD and it still works). I'd like to get back into it with a ML Vanquish 540 that I recently acquired.

I live in San Francisco, CA but occasionally I'm in Orange County, CA as well. I'd like to meet others in the Bay Area that are interested in the hobby and learn more about good spots for MDing in the Bay Area or OC.

D

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

Gary mds5.gif

Welcome from 2 hrs. south of you : Salinas/Monterey area.

There's still some turf in SF that'll give up silver and wheaties if you're skilled and know where to go.

The only rule you need to be aware of though, is that: The rates for fellow CA hunters is quite reasonable: You send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal :cool3:

Welcome from 2 hrs. south of you : Salinas/Monterey area.

There's still some turf in SF that'll give up silver and wheaties if you're skilled and know where to go.

The only rule you need to be aware of though, is that: The rates for fellow CA hunters is quite reasonable: You send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal :cool3:
Hi Tom,

I appreciated reading some of your posts on hunting in the Bay Area here and on other forums. Maybe it's a long shot, but would you be willing to share where some of those spots are?

D

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

..... Maybe it's a long shot, but would you be willing to share where some of those spots are? ....

I don't have a problem with sharing spots, that are just muni parks for common silver type angling. But I'm rarely in SF. D/t I'm 2 hrs. south of there. And if I pm'd you to simply give you addresses, you might only find clad and zinc at the spots, and wonder "what the h*ll is he talking about ?".

Because for deep-junky-turf, it's not just "knowing an address". It's also "knowing technique". Ie.: What machine you have, your settings, what you elect to skip/pass vs what you elect to chase, etc... And the best way to accomplish this (IMHO) is to hook up with someone proficient (ie.: someone routinely coming in with oldies) and trading off flagged signals to compare. Watch closely what they elect to pass, vs chase. See how they're isolating the tone, what they're listening for, etc....

You're welcome to PM me.

Back
Top Bottom