Need help !

Wom 27

Elite Member
I’m watching the last “ Oak Island “ for the season. An iNTERVENTION .........PLEASE !!!

I’m watching the last “ Oak Island “ for the season. An iNTERVENTION .........PLEASE !!!

I can gouge your eyes out, if that will help. Or give you a "1st graders lesson" in common logical fallacies. Your choice :laughing:

If ever there was a situation in which to use the term “a bridge too far”....this would be one of those situations. The more they dig, the more they find...the more they find, the more that the shows producers INSIST that they somehow interpret the findings as “consequential” or “significant”. Every one of those guys on the show know better, but they also know that later on they can claim it was ALL just entertainment....and relax on the beaches around the world.

.... “a bridge too far”.......

AAaaahhh, but don't ya know IDX ? : All they have to do is say "prove that a fabulous treasure isn't there" . And thus turn the burden of proof back on you :roll: And they can come up with fabulous "what if's". As if it's your job to play wack-a-mole and shoot down each hypothetical. And if you can't "disprove" their hypotheticals, then .... by golly .... there must be a fabulous treasure there. Right ? :roll:

It never matters how many dry holes they dig. This never means "it's not there". It only means: A little more to the right. A little more to the left. A little deeper, and so forth till eternity. :roll:

AAaaahhh, but don't ya know IDX ? : All they have to do is say "prove that a fabulous treasure isn't there" . And thus turn the burden of proof back on you :roll: And they can come up with fabulous "what if's". As if it's your job to play wack-a-mole and shoot down each hypothetical. And if you can't "disprove" their hypotheticals, then .... by golly .... there must be a fabulous treasure there. Right ? :roll:

It never matters how many dry holes they dig. This never means "it's not there". It only means: A little more to the right. A little more to the left. A little deeper, and so forth till eternity. :roll:

Ye of little faith...

Yes yes....the whole “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence” thing. :lol:

That show is brutal. It may be responsible for many aneurysms across the THunting community. I couldn't take any more of the line "Could it be".....and the smirks and looks they give each other across the table....can't even keep a straight face. Good thing they're not poker players.They themselves know it's a scam.

Since we are on the topic....

Why is it always the MASSIVE stone road? Can't it just be a stone road?

And I think we all have a better chance of proving the existence of Bigfoot before these guys find a treasure.

If ever there was a situation in which to use the term “a bridge too far”....this would be one of those situations. The more they dig, the more they find...the more they find, the more that the shows producers INSIST that they somehow interpret the findings as “consequential” or “significant”. Every one of those guys on the show know better, but they also know that later on they can claim it was ALL just entertainment....and relax on the beaches around the world.

Kevin, love the analogy, quite fitting.

Comon man, Gary Drayton was involved, and he's a professional...

Haha. I wonder if he even believes there ever was, or is, a treasure there in the first place ? Ie.: he might just be detecting, since they're paying him, but might have zero belief in it.

But if he does believe the ghost-story, then that just shows that some skilled hunters can be A) skilled md'rs, yet B) fail at sorting fact from fiction on other matters.

Wom, ok I admit it, I watched, the guy crying at the end was probably because he knows that gravy train is just about done. I learned about Oak Island the same way those guys did reading the article in Readers Digest, I also learned about the fabled 1943 copper penny in that magazine. I think I have a better chance of digging a 43 copper than they have of finding treasure. That cabbage farmer didn't get rich on Haluski. He found "something" and died a very wealthy man. Would I like to see them find some treasure, sure, after all what are we all doing in this hobby. But I suspect you'll see cows roosting in trees before you see treasure coming out of the ground. Just my opinion. Mark

I worked on a dairy farm for my last two years of high school. i shoveled a lot of !!!! but not nearly as much as that show has shoveled over the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom