• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

15 seconds of fame for KT!

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
Just for my Royal Friends in the Friendly Metal Detecting Form, KT, in his former life has received a great honor....a mineral named after him....the mineral name is mikehowardite. Our local Hot Springs Sentinel Record Newspaper took this up as a human interest story and the article made the front page of today's paper. Below are a couple of screen shots of the article and me...sorry no crown! HA HA

Attachments

• Sentinel Record 04 21 2021 p. 1.jpg
    Sentinel Record 04 21 2021 p. 1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 518
  • Sentinel Record 04 21 2021 p. 4.jpg
    Sentinel Record 04 21 2021 p. 4.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 483
Congrats KT, that is super neat !!!! :thumbsup:

.....if you took a highly magnified close-up of the mineral would it look like it had a crown look to it ? (just kidding :lol:)

Congrats KT, that is super neat !!!! :thumbsup:

.....if you took a highly magnified close-up of the mineral would it look like it had a crown look to it ? (just kidding :lol:)

Royal thanks, GKL! YFI, I had been told by two other researchers several years back that a mineral would be named after me, but both fellows up and died. :no:
So when this researcher asked me for permission, I told him yes, but did not mention to him about the other two researchers up and dying! It seems that the 3rd time was the charm! Ha ha. And he was able to get the work done and not catch Covid! :D:D

Congratulations KT ! It's truly much more than 15 minutes of fame you have been immortalized in stone . The closest I've ever come to that is having rocks thrown at me by a couple of punk kids . :lol:

Very cool KT!! Congrats!!

Royal Thanks, partyofone! Something different, that is for sure!

Royal Thanks, davidlhyde63366!

Congratulations KT ! It's truly much more than 15 minutes of fame you have been immortalized in stone . The closest I've ever come to that is having rocks thrown at me by a couple of punk kids . :lol:

Out of ~5400 minerals known to science, some 4300 are old names, and about 1100 are named after people, places, or things. At least it will put me in some science books and some discussions! :laughing::laughing: I consider it an honor, based on my work dealing with Arkansas minerals over the past 50 years!

Congrats KT, imagine having a mineral named after you.

Hard to believe, isn't it! KT was in shock when He was asked to allow the use of his name!

Wow KT that’s super cool!

Royal Thanks, Coinboy! KT had hoped something like this would happen before He passed and never knew about it.

Congratulations! That's wonderful, KT! I'm delighted that the forum attracts such talented folks.
Thank you, Rock Jock! KT was the person with the State to ask to get your rock or mineral identified for 39 years! Aside from many other job duties...but the job was a pleasure for most of that time!

We have our house celebrity! KT rocks!

:laughing::laughing: amc rulz, you are very punny! :lol::lol:

now you can say you know some one famous :laughing:

KT told the Queen this morning...look, I made it to the front page of the paper, and did not even commit a criminal act! :laughing::laughing:

Very cool. :yes:

Royal Thanks, Steve!

Some thing else to frame for your man cave

Believe it or not, a picture of my friend and me, and a picture of the two new minerals together are already on my Man Cave wall, just did not show it to the Forum! :D:D

Damn KT that is truly amazing, great discovery! I have a minor in Geology, cool stuff! Thanks for sharing and wow! Very very cool.

Cool interview and discovery! It is awesome that your are getting recognition by being immortalized for your efforts!

Hard to believe, isn't it! KT was in shock when He was asked to allow the use of his name!

Thank you, Rock Jock! KT was the person with the State to ask to get your rock or mineral identified for 39 years! Aside from many other job duties...but the job was a pleasure for most of that time!

Well heck, I'm a retired soft rock kinda guy. When I get in over my head w/ mineral IDs I know who to bug!

Back
Top Bottom