My mod paid off

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I got bored and put a pinpoint button on my Silver uMax, it doesn't need one because it pinpoints so well without it. Just something I have been wanting to do. I went to a very small school tonight to try out my masterpiece - I have hunted this school several times in the past. I found 66 coins tonight a total of $5.35 22 of them nickels (I like finding nickels because I know alot of rings fall in this range), I found a K of C (Knights of Columbus) good luck token, 2 necklaces without the chains, 1(cheap) ring & a silver bracelet. All in all a great night & alot of fun. Steve.

I know my mod had nothing to do with my finds but it didn't hurt anything either. I know all you folks here don't get in an uproar over what someone does to their own equipment but I have had my head almost chewed off for even opening up my detector on another forum. This is the greatest forum for sure!

Forgot the pictures, here you go.

Attachments

• DSC00078 (Small).JPG
    DSC00078 (Small).JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 342
  • DSC00080 (Small).JPG
    DSC00080 (Small).JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 340
Ski,

Most of us on this forum only wish each other the best, and glad to see when you have success. Miss the usual pictures though. It would be nice if you post how to do the mod in the other section of the forum. I am sure there are plenty here that would be interested. Personally am very glad the mod worked out for you. Good hunting!!

Steve! How dare you open a perfectly good detector and do anything to it?! Are you nuts?! ;);):p
If you like what you did then that's all that matters. :yes: AND 22 nickels is a SMOKING amount of nickels! :wow:

Steve! How dare you open a perfectly good detector and do anything to it?! Are you nuts?! ;);):p
If you like what you did then that's all that matters. :yes: AND 22 nickels is a SMOKING amount of nickels! :wow:
Now that's what I was waiting for, lol.
All I did was wire in a SPST push-button momentary switch that I bought at Radio Shack.

Thanks for your compliments. Steve.

I love to tinker and probably shouldn't do it, but if you have the ability, Why Not! I love to hear of people modifying their own electronics especially when they are successful. Good job Ski. Jim

Whoowee, risk (?) Always appreciate seeing mods. Does this impact your warrenty? Cheaha bill

Back
Top Bottom