Finds from Cozumel trip

Casper

Went for five days this past weekend to Cozumel. Did not hunt as much as I could - had to spend time with my gal and spent some time snorkeling too. Was happy with what I got - 6 gold rings - 15 silver and 332 coins.

Attachments

• cozumelgoodstuff.jpg
    cozumelgoodstuff.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2,596
  • cozumelgold.jpg
    cozumelgold.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 3,349
Wow!!

and double Wow!!:wow: :wow: Looks like you had a really nice trip...sun, snorkle, & detecting...does it get any better??!?:D :D Great loot there!:yes:

Amazing Casper, you have me drooling yet again :D This winter we should hook up again and hit that beach we like to detect together :)

It seems you clean house everytime and everywhere you go on vacation. Last year Florida, this year Mexico! You've gone international! NICE JOB!:shock:

Very nice Casper! And Cozumel is such a pretty place.

Looking at all those coins I can guess you weren't hunting
the nudie beach area. :) Smart move.

Nice haul! Did you bring all that loot home or just open a bank account over there??? You may have to start paying taxes on your finds if the IRS sees your posts. Lol

Casper........you are a digging machine!!!..........terrific finds.

No matter where you go, you seem to find all the hidden loot!!......WTG. You even put the Florida boys to shame last year with all your finds.

Wow!!!

Great hual Casper!!! that coin ring looks heavy!! is that a real us mint 1/10 oz coin?? Again your a great looter!!! W.T.G!!

Were locals out and about with their detectors at the same time? Your treasure
is the stuff we can only dream of finding!

Were locals out and about with their detectors at the same time?

Not too many "locals" have detectors in Mexico. Not a very large middle class. :no: The poor can't afford it and the rich aren't going to be caught dead detecting!

I had to go back for another look!! :shock: Those rings are truely amazing!:yes: Plus all the other loot. Any problem getting it all home?(Customs??!?)

I posted longer story at the Treasuredepot if anyone is intersted - posted some under water pics and a post with where I stayed there.

Coin ring is one of the new gold coins - date is 2004
diamonds tested real around it

I found over $13 dollars in US - except for a few foreign coins - the rest is pesos

The hoard that i took from Fla. was actually Feb. of this year - just after a bunch of storms went thru - A few other people thought it was last year too - I might try squeaking out a Dec. trip back down to Fla. before the end of the year.

No problems going thru security with stuff - I wore coin ring and diamond wedding band - my gal wore ring with diamond baggets - I put 14kwg wedding band in my pocket and the 2 small gold rings I put in a pill bottle in my carryon -(which I also carried my CZ20 in ) I had the rest of my finds in large ziplock bags by day and beach and all ofthose I had in a large mesh bag in my carryon also. When I went thru their security - they took it out and were amazed and called all the other guys over - there were 6 of them and they could not believe all the coins and silver jewelry - but they were smiling and just curious as heck they ask if I found any gold and I said no - just silver - good thing I got there early and no one was behind uscause they olgled the bags for a while - pointing to the rings and asking if they were silver.

Our security at Miami just had me open it quick - I told them "underwater detector" he nodded and them told him mesh bag was finds and he nodded - no problem - you just have to make sure you don't leave any nailclippers or pocket knives you find in the bag or anyother sharp object.

Link to Treasure Depot?

Casper: Could you provide a link to the Treasure Depot. I may have been at the right site, but couldn't find your post, would love to see the pictures!

Questions answered

Casper, thank you for answering my questions without me having to ask! I was most concerned about customs and local authorities in Cozumel. I anticipate a future trip. I assume transporting your detector was not a problem? Apparently it breaks down into smaller portions?

I used to carry my Pi in a pistol case and carryon and pack rod in my large samsonite plastic suit case with my scoop and other water hunting gear. and I would carry my Cz20 in its hard case - but one trip thru miami - stewardess gave me a hard time - so this trip I packed whole PI in with my equipment case and bought a soft bag that would fit my Cz 20, a mask & snorkel, a pair of wet boots, a mesh pouch, and a hand scoop - that way if my luggage was lost or held up - I could still get out - One trip to miami a few yrs back - luggage was lost - I had a machine with me - but no mask, no boots, and no scoop. I bought a cheap mask and decided to go out and fan for targets and go barefoot. Visability was zero - all churned up and I kept stepping on sharp pieces of shell - so I gave up for the day till I got my luggage. Now I'm prepared for it. Will pack this way from now on.

Back
Top Bottom