New Member in Melbourne, FL

Flamingomtn

Hi, all, and thanks for having me. I'm new to detecting in Florida but used to do it years ago in Colorado. I'm looking forward to doing the beaches (obviously. lol) and other interesting dirt.

Currently, I'm waiting for my new detector to come, a Minelab Vanquish 440, just kind of a trial machine to be sure it's not just going to collect dust, before I go for what I really want, an Equinox 600 or 800...undecided at the moment.

I'm only 15 minutes from Melbourne Beach so I'm sure I'll play around down there, and further south. Right now I spend quite a bit of time, just watching the ocean and how the waves hit...form low spots, etc.. This will be my first season with big storms AND a detector so I expect to have some fun with that.

Anyway, thanks again for having me and I'll try to use the search feature instead of burying y'all with newbie questions.

Hello from Hudson Valley, NY!

I actually got a metal detector 4 years ago when I went to Florida for the first time- my brother was up in Merritt Island, but we stay down in Sebastian. Spent many hours on Wabasso and Vero. No gold or treasure, though!
Happy hunting!

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

When you are ready to decide between the Nox 600 and Nox 800 here are some short but very helpful tutorials on the Equinox series I found online that might help you decide which:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpymZHu8sv5nwrk34ID53OxszE8fjuDFC

(they cover both the 600 and 800)

Gary mds5.gif

Back
Top Bottom