Can You Dig It? Show Me Them Shovels!

Here’s my shovel and digger, I rarely use the shovel anymore since I made the digger, being a welder has its benefits sometimes.
ef18a9e71b0cd9ba19cb5523f4744f80.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a nice spread of diggers out there! Never thought of using a spoon... I just use my hands for ice cream and pie :laughing:

Yes, the footpad would be nice.

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

That welded brace is my point. I remember Robo99 adding one to a shovel after bending one. The foot pad would just sell the shovel better.

Attachments

• 73CDDF04-7DAA-433F-ADEF-4BF7A2866619.jpg
    73CDDF04-7DAA-433F-ADEF-4BF7A2866619.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 346
Yes, he bent his Lesche Sampson after he had it for a long time. He did have a brace welded on it when it was fixed. I am hoping that the Ultra Eagle will last me a long time. Only tine will tell

I use a Grave Digger Tombstone in the woods/fields and a Whites Dig Master everywhere else. I've used every digger under the sun and these 2 are by far my favorites. Needless to say they both get heavy usage and that's an understatement.

Attachments

• IMG_20210508_153712301_HDR~2_copy_800x274.jpg
    IMG_20210508_153712301_HDR~2_copy_800x274.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 291
X2. Best purpose built shovel made. Are there others? Of course. I also have a Predator Barracuda 55. The Sampson just checks ALL of the boxes...size, ability, cost, durability....a very complete shovel!

I'm with ya. I have the 31" Sampson, the Mini Sampson 18"and the red hand held lesche, I've seen some beasty diggers posted here or on Amazon and I'm sure they work but the lesche line has served me well enough. I generally stick to the edges along the woods and in and out of woods surrounding the few sport fields I do. Iv'e not had any issues with anyone thinking my digger was too big at the park and sport field. But I do back edges, out of the way areas, paths and the like. using the long Sampson, 31" hasn't been a problem. The hand held for open main park areas , nicer turf areas.

I use a Anaconda nx6 to dig in the woods and field.
28AEA89D-3EB0-46CD-9569-ED8DF19E636B.jpg
I have had it for about 2 years roughly no problems on any well the Garrett to be honest is my weakest link in the digging dept.

On the curb strips I have been using a Ames for now as my lesche and Garrett are packed up for our move. And not sure which tote there in and we have about 40 totes smh. That anaconda has dug thousands of holes.

Got one of these arriving tomorrow !!! Looking forward to trying it out

he! heh! he! curious to see who will get tossed first!..you with your ultra eagle,or me with my Sampson! mean lookin teeth that eagle! just sayin'..heh! eh! he! (lol)
man that's a "nasty" lookin' digger!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

For the really deep targets :digginahole:

in some places.you would have to have that, or get "pitched" using anything else!
yup, some as* wipes have really screwed things up for the hobby! ..I'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

he! heh! he! curious to see who will get tossed first!..you with your ultra eagle,or me with my Sampson! mean lookin teeth that eagle! just sayin'..heh! eh! he! (lol)

man that's a "nasty" lookin' digger!

(h.h.!)

j.t.
Its really not that intimidating in person. I will not be able to use it everywhere but it will be nice to have it when I can. I have RA and it keeps me from having to kneel down so much. Our club usually will tell us whether our shovels are allowed at sponsored hunts.

in some places.you would have to have that, or get "pitched" using anything else!
yup, some as* wipes have really screwed things up for the hobby! ..I'm just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

In some places nowadays you'd get the heave ho even if what you were using to dig was a plastic spoon.:foottap: :police:

Back
Top Bottom