• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I fear I made a mistake.

hoser

Forum Supporter
Well believe it or not, it's the start of gardening season here in the great white north. The wife and I have already started compiling our plants and keeping them safe under cover till the risk of a flash freeze is behind us and planting can start. Already got our mater plants and a lot of flowers. I did buy one pepper plant and now I'm questioning my sanity. I like hot foods but I went for the gusto this time and I got a Carolina Reaper plant. I really didn't know exactly what it was till I went online. Seems it is THE HOTTEST pepper in the world at over 2,200,000 SU.:wow2::jawdrop: I guess I'll just grow them, dry them, and use them very sparingly in chili.;):lol:

Well believe it or not, it's the start of gardening season here in the great white north. The wife and I have already started compiling our plants and keeping them safe under cover till the risk of a flash freeze is behind us and planting can start. Already got our mater plants and a lot of flowers. I did buy one pepper plant and now I'm questioning my sanity. I like hot foods but I went for the gusto this time and I got a Carolina Reaper plant. I really didn't know exactly what it was till I went online. Seems it is THE HOTTEST pepper in the world at over 2,200,000 SU.:wow2::jawdrop: I guess I'll just grow them, dry them, and use them very sparingly in chili.;):lol:

I did the same with ghost peppers

If you have bird feeders, rub the cut raw ones on the feeders, it will keep the raccoons and squirrels off, but birds have no capsacin receptors, so they do not notice it! Oh, yeah, wear some surgical gloves when handling those red hots! :laughing::laughing:

I'm Korean, and people here eat something called "kimchi". Search it up, it's like lettuce with a bunch of pepper and other stuff. I even had kimchi with something called "scorpion" Pepper, I may recall, not so bad. They had some painkillers for me so it looked like I was supposed to die of spicey. I think they'll be great in some chill and chips!

Josh

P.S. I just searched up what scorpion pepper was... Is this afterlife and I'm typing this from heaven?

I have a fantastic jerk chicken wing recipe if you’d like. Works on legs, too. Uses Habaneros, but you might use the ghosts.

Send us a picture when your crop comes in Bill!!

I like "HOT" too, but within reason!! :p

Send us a picture when your crop comes in Bill!!

I like "HOT" too, but within reason!! :p

Ohhh. That's why I had a massive stomach ache after I ate that pepper. Maybe it was so hot my "hot-o-meter TM" had malfunctioned? :laughing:

Imagine, a meter that's installed at the back of your head, and it measures how much blood the brain is sending to the tongue. Then it must've shattered. :lol::shock:

Then I advise cutting the thinnest slice know to man, hoser, and sprinkle that on chili. One big mistake by slicing it a bit too big will result in a trip to the ER.

restaurants who cook with this stuff often use respirators.......no thanks

Shewwweeee buddy!!! No thank you!!! I have habenero plants every year......it makes a great hot homemade pimento cheese, and great for cooking. I will not go any hotter, and will not eat those little orange babies by themselves.

Back
Top Bottom