15 seconds of fame for KT!

I'm more drawn to the shoulder pain advertisement !🤣 KT will live forever in the name... Have you found diamonds at the crater there ? I tried once with no luck. But 2 people found very small ones.

Damn KT that is truly amazing, great discovery! I have a minor in Geology, cool stuff! Thanks for sharing and wow! Very very cool.

Royal Thanks, GroundSweeper! Yep, mineralogy is one science that incorporates physics, chemistry, and math. And to think I went to college and studied geology because I wanted to learn more about minerals, how they form, and under what conditions. Never was interested in petroleum geology, I was the only hard rock guy in grad school.

To be any good in geology, you need to understand time in millions of years, and visualize in 3 dimensions, tho now computers handle a lot of the 3D concerns.

Cool interview and discovery! It is awesome that your are getting recognition by being immortalized for your efforts!

Pumptech, it was amazing for me to realize!

Royal congratulations Mike, I mean KT. Well deserved, I’m sure.

Royal Thanks, jimther! I view it as recognition for my 39 years service to the citizens of Arkansas.

Well heck, I'm a retired soft rock kinda guy. When I get in over my head w/ mineral IDs I know who to bug!

I see your truck mounted drill rig, is it a Joy 1500? I spent 10 years around that rig and a CME truck mounted rig in my first 12 years with the Geo Survey. Some of it was fun but it was a lot of hard work...good work for a young man, but not an old geezer like me now! :laughing::laughing: and yep, just send me pm if you need help and I will give you my email address and instructions for pictures! Still enjoy doing long distance mineral identification.

I'm more drawn to the shoulder pain advertisement !🤣 KT will live forever in the name... Have you found diamonds at the crater there ? I tried once with no luck. But 2 people found very small ones.

I wrote a pamphlet for the State, still can be found on the Arkansas Geological Survey as a downloadable .pdf...check under the Education Button on the top of the entry page! I lead many college student field trips to the Crater, but never spent any time looking for them.

Royal congrats! The royal crown is envisioned in the article.

:laughing::laughing: Thanks, JAK!

Happy for you !!!

Appreciate that sentiment, Wom 27!

KT congrats on a fantastic honor. I would imagine that in your profession having a mineral named after you would be akin to winning an Oscar for an actor, or being a Nobel Laureate. Very impressive.

KT congrats on a fantastic honor. I would imagine that in your profession having a mineral named after you would be akin to winning an Oscar for an actor, or being a Nobel Laureate. Very impressive.

Very similar honor, masterswimmer. Being as scientist, my name is now permanently embedded in the literature, when the scientific article is published, aside from all the scientific and popular articles I wrote.:D:D

I see your truck mounted drill rig, is it a Joy 1500? I spent 10 years around that rig and a CME truck mounted rig in my first 12 years with the Geo Survey. Some of it was fun but it was a lot of hard work...good work for a young man, but not an old geezer like me now! :laughing::laughing: and yep, just send me pm if you need help and I will give you my email address and instructions for pictures! Still enjoy doing long distance mineral identification.

Actually, I didn't have a truck mounted drill rig in mind as the avatar, I was thinking more about the junkman and that image seemed appropriate. I was finding lots of that stuff (still do!). Spent plenty of time around drill rigs of all sizes, though, on the Colorado Plateau and West Texas.

Very cool KT, congrats!

Royal Thanks, JimR_TN, for your kind comment!

Actually, I didn't have a truck mounted drill rig in mind as the avatar, I was thinking more about the junkman and that image seemed appropriate. I was finding lots of that stuff (still do!). Spent plenty of time around drill rigs of all sizes, though, on the Colorado Plateau and West Texas.

I took a closer look and that is an old truck the rig is mounted on! Ha ha. Ours were mounted on Ford 350 chassis.

Back
Top Bottom