All metal mode on nox more coins

2108silver1

At hunted out sites anyone run all metal mode . does it help bring any hidden coins out

At hunted out sites anyone run all metal mode . does it help bring any hidden coins out

I don't think so. I use All Metal to decide if a deep signal is worth digging, but in most sites I search, All Metal would just cause a lot of unnecessary noise.

"All Metal Mode" on the Equinox is not like some other detectors that have discrimination modes and an all metal mode with little or no discrimination capabilities. Pressing the horseshoe button just accepts all metal targets. It doesn't get you more depth. It just lets you hear all of the metal targets under your coil. Conversely, using any amount of discrimination rejection you want to will not cost you any depth either like it does on many detectors.

You might get a little more depth if you have the Nox 800 and use the single tone Gold modes or use either of the Park or Field modes and lower the recovery speed a little. There is always the option to buy the 15" coil if you know you are in an area with really deep good targets.

Jeff

I think so

In my situation I would say yes. I started out having my best year ever till this virus hit. Using the Equinox 800 I was mainly hunting pounded city parks running Field 2 5 tone Rec 4 Ib 0. Ib 2 at 8 for cross checking targets. Which produced my last 16 silvers and most of my other old coins. Now not necessarily deep but most good finds are well hidden amongst trash and nasty ground. With all metal engaged I am able to hear the slightest break and begin to investigate then massage the signal to see if it will bear fruit.I keep my iron tone down low 5 but it can get annoying sometimes. I would also use for going over places I've hunted before. Just my two cents, good luck. Mark

Thank you

Yeah I have heard some use all metal 50 tone to hear tge hidden targets. Just trying to find the best ways to use my nox 600 at super pounded permissions. A month ago i visited a yard and along the sidewalk i pulled 2 war nickels. I had my recovery 2 in p1. Always interesting seeing something pop up where you have been. 50 times is overload for me but I guess I should get used to it. I prefer 5.

This is a complicated question :

The RIGHT answer (since I know everything in the world, and if you doubt that, just ask me) is:

On ALL metal detectors : The all-metal mode goes deeper than the disc. mode. Thus yes, you will go deeper (and thus find those deeper coins) IF you go into all metal. However, the devil is in the details: Because the moment you do THAT, is the moment you lose the ability to knock our iron . Doh ! So heaven-help you if you try this trick, to gain another inch, in an iron-ridden environment. You'll go wacko.

The only reason some people might THINK that their disc. mode goes just as deep as their all-metal mode, is that with a lot modern detectors the 2 modes are running simultaneously . Leading you to THINK that you are getting the same depth. But the truth is, that those fringe targets are not registering their TID. Yes they might register as an iron grunt or whisper, but are not coming up into the disc. range.

Back
Top Bottom