Ground balance question on Nox 600.

tinsmith

Elite Member
Can't find in manual. Anyone know if the Number you get when you auto ground balance( Ground Phase Number) on the 600 is like the 705? Low numbers are high mineralization and high are low.

I don’t know how the Equinox GB numbers relate to the 705, but I think it’s important to note that ground balance numbers don’t truly correlate to high or low mineralization. Ground phase numbers are indicative of the type of mineralization, not necessarily the amount of mineralization. See the excellent discussion linked below, but the first two posts cover the meat of the topic:

Detectorprospector.com thread: GB Numbers = Mineralization?

I don’t know how the Equinox GB numbers relate to the 705, but I think it’s important to note that ground balance numbers don’t truly correlate to high or low mineralization. Ground phase numbers are indicative of the type of mineralization, not necessarily the amount of mineralization. See the excellent discussion linked below, but the first two posts cover the meat of the topic:

Detectorprospector.com thread: GB Numbers = Mineralization?

Thanks, great link.

I have owned both the X-Terras and own the Equinox. The low numbers shown on the X-Terra and Equinox screen seem to be similar to the high numbers on my XP ORX and Teknetics G2+. I detect in moderate to high mineralization and my Equinox numbers are -2 to +7. The same spot using my G2+ shows 86 to 92 with 4 to 6 bars Fe3O4.

Jeff

I have owned both the X-Terras and own the Equinox. The low numbers shown on the X-Terra and Equinox screen seem to be similar to the high numbers on my XP ORX and Teknetics G2+. I detect in moderate to high mineralization and my Equinox numbers are -2 to +7. The same spot using my G2+ shows 86 to 92 with 4 to 6 bars Fe3O4.

Jeff

Ok, thanks. That's what I assumed but needed someone to clarify.. I've only had a simple Bounty hunter, then the Xterra 705 and now the new nox 600. The Nox is giving a 7 out in my yard where I've been practicing with it.

Tango's post taught me something here too. Thanks guys.

The more shale the lower the numbers for me. I seem to get higher numbers in plowed fields, sports fields, etc...

Back
Top Bottom