XP HF coil battery issue help needed

kweis

Elite Member
Bought a new HF elliptical coil on line last week froma reputable dealer I've bought from before. The coil was new in the box however it had a tag on it for ORX v4. Immediately the red flags went up but I attempted to pair it with my version 5.2 Deues and headphones and all went well with that.i charged the battery fully in the coil but it only lasted about 4 hours and died. Recharged the coil again last night and on a hunt today after about 4 hours it only had two bars left on the coil. Is this normal? If seen some comments that an older version coil may have battery life issue if the coil is not the same version as the contro. If so a d this is the problem how do I fix that or do I need to get an actual v5.2 coil? Thanks.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ORX and V4. I think that refers to the HF coil being compatible with the ORX and with at least Version 4 Deus software.

I don't know anything about version 4 vs version 5 HF coils or if there is a difference. ?????? X35 coils are already version 5 and the original LF coils have to be updated to version 5 if your also have a version 5 remote control.

I would definitely worry about 4 hours of HF coil battery time. It should be at least 20 hours for a fully charged HF coil with a new/fresh battery. Luckily, the battery on the HF coils is easy to replace since it is in the lower stem instead of the coil. Also, be really sure that the coil's battery was actually fully charging. The LED should be lit continuously until charging is complete then it will blink on and off every three seconds. Check the battery connection in the stem too. Info for checking the connector is on page 4 of the version 5 Deus manual.

I would call that reputable dealer for sure if it wasn't a charging issue.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ORX and V4. I think that refers to the HF coil being compatible with the ORX and with at least Version 4 Deus software.

I would definitely worry about 4 hours of HF coil battery time. It should be at least 20 hours for a fully charged HF coil with a new/fresh battery. Luckily, the battery on the HF coils is easy to replace since it is in the lower stem instead of the coil. Also, be really sure that the coil's battery was actually fully charging. The LED should be lit continuously until charging is complete then it will blink on and off every three seconds. Check the battery connection in the stem too. Info for checking the connector is on page 4 of the version 5 Deus manual.

I would call that reputable dealer for sure if it wasn't a charging issue.

Thanks, I just looked at the XP site and it says if running at 15k the battery life should be around 14 hours. The coil seems to function as it should otherwise. Takes about 3 hours to charge completely with the steady light going to flash as it should.. Might just be a battery issue.

Thanks, I just looked at the XP site and it says if running at 15k the battery life should be around 14 hours. The coil seems to function as it should otherwise. Takes about 3 hours to charge completely with the steady light going to flash as it should.. Might just be a battery issue.

You might want to clean the two metal charging terminals on the butterfly clip and the mini USB plugs. I just gently use a pencil eraser or some evaporating electric component spray cleaner. Clean the ones on the new coil too.

Make sure you're using a quality charging block.
I use the samsung one that came with my phone.

Redownload the 5.2 in your Deus remote. I had the same issue when I first used a HF coil and was told to redownload 5.2 and if fixed my problem.

Thanks for the replies! I've had the HF 9" round for about a year and have no issues with the battery life in that one. After a few charges it's getting about 10 to 12 hours now on the elliptical coil using the lower frequency so that will chew some of the life out of it compared to the higher frequencies.

Do you think the lack of a blinking coil when fully charged could be the coil or the battery only ?

Hard to say. Will say that all the bars may show up on the Screen as being fully charged but it may be just charged enough to put all three bars on the screen but not "fully charged". If the charge light doesn't blink I'd say it's not fully charged? The charging clip can be a pain to get it clipped right on the coil too which may be part of the issue.

I am a believer in smaller coils. I found my best find ever with the smallest coil made for that detector.
I have three coils for the xp deus. All of them 9 inch or 9x5. I took the hf battery out of the round hf coil (which I seldom use) and put it in the hf 9x5 coil which I use all the time. I plugged the charger into that hf 9x5 coil with the other battery inside and it charged going into a blinking light. So I think it is a case of a bad battery :(

Back
Top Bottom