free metal detecting lessons - Atlanta, GA

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I am offering free lessons on the popular hobby of metal detecting. You will be provided a modern metal detector (Minelab Vanquish released last year), pinpointer and metal detecting shovel for your local lessons. The number of lessons depends on your enjoyment and progress. As a general rule, you only need 2-3 lessons for you to decide if this hobby is one you will enjoy. Typical investment for this hobby is between $500 - $1,500 for new equipment, a little less buying used equipment on eBay.

Metal detecting is a hobby you can enjoy locally here in Atlanta or take with you on your vacations to beaches and mountains or even planned hunts to beaches or Civil War sites with a hunting partner. This is a hobby that some wives (if so inclined) can enjoy as well as your children as young as 10 – 12 years old. The excitement of the treasure hunt is always just as near as your next good target signal. This is a great hobby to get yourself off the couch or away from the computer and out for some good fun and exercise. This is an excellent way to ease back into nature and have a little excitement on your journeys.

What have I found locally: gold and silver rings and a $400 .925 silver bracelet in volley ball courts. Silver coins and other old coins in local parks. Civil war bullets and buttons in some locations in Atlanta that you can still metal detect legally. Lots of hot wheel vehicles for my grandkids. An 1800’s copper spoon found at a local park in Peachtree Corners.

The lessons will be held at Jones Bridge park and Simpsonwood park. M-F in the morning from 9:00 – 11:00 am.

The lessons will cover these and other topics: Research on your PC or Mac (finding legal locations to hunt); recognizing different tones and numeric ID’s of different types of good and bad targets; proper coil swing techniques; safety when hunting in the woods in Georgia; value of jewelry and civil war relics; legal and illegal metal detecting; metal detecting ethics; coil selection depending on the different types of hunts, (parks, fields, relics in woods and creeks, playgrounds, volleyball courts, beaches, desert gold or North Georgia gold, how to evaluate your purchase for a good metal detector, explain latest metal detector technology that has been developed in the last 3 years) and reading ocean beaches to find deposits of valuable jewelry. Also Included a free .pdf version of my metal detecting book “Guide to Modern Metal Detecting”.

I am an Army veteran and live in Peachtree Corners near Simpsonwood and Jones Bridge park with my wife, dog and two cats. I have written two small books on beach metal detecting. The lessons may also include a trip on my pontoon boat to several beaches up at Lake Lanier. My main area of focus personally is hunting for Civil War relics in metro Atlanta and along the Route General Sherman took from Chattanooga to Atlanta in 1864 and ocean beach hunting trips.

If you are interested, then send a private message to me telling me a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in the metal detecting hobby and ask any questions you may have.

There are no hidden fees or costs for these lessons.

What a nice offer. If you were anywhere near the Adirondacks or Green Mountains I’d join you in a heartbeat.

I’m still practicing with the coins I buried (penny, nickel, dime and quarter) on my property. Hope to soon go out into the real world once I am comfortable with my new equipment.

I posted a "free metal detecting lessons" on nextdoor.com in the North Atlanta area and got zero response.

I offered the uses of all the equipment (Vanquish 440, garrett carrot, lesche shovel, etc. No takers.

Hmm, I guess our is a very specialized hobby and those interested go out and buy a detector and start hunting. Which is not a bad way to start.

Interesting… if they are free, are they worth every penny? :cool3:

Have you given lessons before?

Thanks for your Army service!

I taught computer programming one summer at a local college to about 30 students. Got pretty good end of summer reviews.

but never taught metal detecting. I like to teach by doing. give them a Vanquish 440, briefly explain the setup and just answer questions and talk about metal detecting during the side by side hunt (of course separated for the covid-wuhan !!!!.

Back
Top Bottom