• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

AT Pro wireless headphone options?

I bought the ZLynk kit with the Pinpointer. It works great and sure is nice being able to hear the pinpointer in the headphones. It's a quick and easy install.

Cliff

Well my kit showed up and works great. It's a little disappointing the transmitter isn't water proof, even though I figured it wasn't. I'm more disappointed they only provide a 6" cable for the transmitter. It would be nice to mount it up by my forearm to keep it further away from the water.

Well my kit showed up and works great. It's a little disappointing the transmitter isn't water proof, even though I figured it wasn't. I'm more disappointed they only provide a 6" cable for the transmitter. It would be nice to mount it up by my forearm to keep it further away from the water.
Well the headphones aren't waterproof either so I guess they figured the transmitter didn't need to be. It won't work submerged so just wrap it in plastic if you are out in the rain.

I'm glad you got it though.

Cliff

Love the kit, and I've already used it in my yard which if full of targets/junk.
I try to keep my head above water at the beach, but I don't mind getting chest deep.
I might see if Garrett has a longer cable on their site.

Love the kit, and I've already used it in my yard which if full of targets/junk.

I try to keep my head above water at the beach, but I don't mind getting chest deep.

You might be able to get one made but you will have to keep it above water for it to work. I wouldn't recommend using the kit in that deep of water though. One slip and you'll need to buy another kit.

Cliff

Well the headphones aren't waterproof either so I guess they figured the transmitter didn't need to be. It won't work submerged so just wrap it in plastic if you are out in the rain.

I'm glad you got it though.

Cliff

On top of that, it's highly unlikely the transmitter uses a frequency that can reliably go through fresh water. And if it's salt water, forget it.

On top of that, it's highly unlikely the transmitter uses a frequency that can reliably go through fresh water. And if it's salt water, forget it.

This is true. I've used my equinox in the water with the bluetooth headphones. As soon as the head unit goes under, the bluetooth connection is compromised. Sometimes I can just pick it up out of the water and they will reconnect on their own, and sometimes I have to reconnect manually. You can find longer cables on amazon, but it kinda defeats the purpose of wireless headphones IMO. Now if you could get a longer cord and a floating waterproof box for the transmitter, you might be able to have it drift along beside you. The moment it goes underwater you may lose your bluetooth connection though.

One thing I noticed on my kit is that there was no o-ring on the connector. If you are going to use it near water I'd suggest putting one on it.

Cliff

I need a Garrett WT-1 Z-Lynk transmitter (used or new) for my MS-3, Z-Lynk headphones. I have checked on Ebay and other locations like Facebook Marketplace for the best price. Retail is right at $75.00 for this transmitter. Does anybody have other suggestions for purchase options? Perhaps an online metal detector speciality store?

I have the Z Lynk M-3 headphone and pinpointer I use with the AT Max and Ace Apex bought the 1 box transmitter ($70) for the AT Gols I had to get the 2 pin adapter ($20) .. That sweet sound of Pinpointer im the Headphones :cool:

Back
Top Bottom