Wichita Falls, TX

Nice to meet ya NoNeck. Welcome to the forum. I'm a long way from Wichita Falls but i have a good friend that lives there. He is a local musician and music critic for several publications. Don Chance is his name. Don't know if you ever heard of him. Take care.

Ferrous,

Thanks for the welcome and no I do not think I have heard of your friend. I am not big into music myself though. Does he MD?

well i was their 2 days ago mding

didnt find much.Last time got some wheat cents.I want to hunt some of the wagon trails nearby.Never know you might find that gold shipment.I pick up freight from PPG factory every one in a while.Pm me and give me contact info and maybe we can hunt some time.Would think relic hunting is best.Yards are like rock.

Welcome to the forum from Wisconsin.
I spent 8 weeks at Sheppard Air Force base there in 1986.
They had a lot of foreign pilots for the jet training school.
You might find some foreign coins in town:?::?:

Hi from Burk

Hello im near wichita falls actually i live in burk.. just started MDing found a few locations to goto but not really family setting would like too find places that i can MD and camp with the kids..

Welcome to the forum Carl. I retired in Aug. and moved to WF. Haven't managed to get out hunting yet. Need a new machine, but extra cash is scarce right now. Good Luck

boomtowns

I now have Permission for 3 Boomtown sites around the Burkburnet area.. places like Bridgetown, Morgan City, Newtown and Thrift. all these area were part of the 1880 - 1920s when most of the area went from 110k pop too less than 100 people. lots of land too cover, if interested send a PM on when you would be able too buddy up and go. :D

Welcome from NW Fla., I lived in WF twice - Feb 75 to Aug 75 and again Sep 79 to May 80. Loved the area, but ended up in PCB Fl and love it here too. Lots of memories from my times there though! Get out and find all that stuff I missed out on...

HH

Mike

Wichita Falls, Tx.

hey, out there. looking for some one to MD with. i go almost every week end. i like to coin hunt mostly. my best find so far is a 1854 quater. last week end i found my first gold and diomond ring. a ladies small promise ring, but a ring just the same. i go to oklahoma quiet a bit.

would be nice to have some one to go with some times. let me know?

hey, out there. looking for some one to MD with. i go almost every week end. i like to coin hunt mostly. my best find so far is a 1854 quater. last week end i found my first gold and diomond ring. a ladies small promise ring, but a ring just the same. i go to oklahoma quiet a bit.

would be nice to have some one to go with some times. let me know?

Hey David! You know what are the cities detecting rules at parks and schools?

parks and schools

i'm not sure about the schools, parks are off limits. but some how i got permission to md all parks. it took some persuation (sp) no matter where i md i always get permission.

do you live near wichita falls?

i don't know about the schools. parks are suppose to be off limits, but i kept on asking and got permission. jokeingly, the city parks manager says he wants 50% of my finds. do you live near wichit falls?

I moved from Vernon when I retired last August. Wife and I are staying with her dad after he had quadruple by-pass. We're SE of Memorial Stadium. Bummer that the parks and schools are off limits. Discouraging, since I don't really know anybody here. Guess I'll have to start looking in the nearby towns like Carl. Keep in touch.

Back
Top Bottom