Neat trick with the Nox 800

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
My grandson is 7 I want to introduce him to metal detecting. We will be hunting a park next to the river and a 4 lane road with heavy traffic. It will drown out the more subtle tones using the external speaker.

So I found out that I can let him use my Trond wireless earphones and I use a wired pair of earphones. Works perfectly.

He is my digging buddy and pinpointer so he gets the wireless set. Me I am just the swinger and I can deal with the wired set.

My grandson is 7 I want to introduce him to metal detecting. We will be hunting a park next to the river and a 4 lane road with heavy traffic. It will drown out the more subtle tones using the external speaker.

So I found out that I can let him use my Trond wireless earphones and I use a wired pair of earphones. Works perfectly.

He is my digging buddy and pinpointer so he gets the wireless set. Me I am just the swinger and I can deal with the wired set.

Nothing more fun than spending time with the grand kids detecing! Have a great time!

Many owners malign them, sell them or just don't use them, but I have two WM08 Wi Stream receivers just for the reason you are describing and more. I can hear what a newbie is detecting with their detector and give them some tips or I can like you, share one detector with operator/digger and nobody will get tripped up by being wired to the detector. Too bad that you can't use Bluetooth and Wi Stream at the same time or have more than one Bluetooth receiver connected. You can have up to 4 WM08s connected to one detector however....

I'm gonna try this when my grandson gets a little older. At 4, he's a bit too
wound up to pay attention yet. They sure grow up quick though!:cool3:

That’s pretty dang cool. The Tronds any good?

I have used the Tronds for 3 years. Much better than minelab earphones. Especially those clunkers that come with the CTX3030.

have to be careful with 800 since it is only bluetooth 4.2. Recently did have a problem with the head band adjustment on one side. Won't stay adjusted because I think of a broken plastic piece. Duct tape was the not so pretty fix. What would the world do with out duct tape?

Wow thats a great tip im going to try that. My daughter is 7 too and she wants to pinpoint and listen so I always had to leave it on speaker.

I have used the Tronds for 3 years. Much better than minelab earphones. Especially those clunkers that come with the CTX3030.

have to be careful with 800 since it is only bluetooth 4.2. Recently did have a problem with the head band adjustment on one side. Won't stay adjusted because I think of a broken plastic piece. Duct tape was the not so pretty fix. What would the world do with out duct tape?

My Tronds have also been repaired on both sides due to plastic breakage where each phone gets extended. I used good quality Gorilla glue. My Tronds are also 3 year owned, and they are WAY better than the ML 80s which I got with the 800. It was dropping the headset that cracked mine.

These are exceptional wireless HPs. I happen to have 3 sets of different headphones for the Equinox though, but the Tronds have gotten 99.9% of the time in the field.

My Tronds have also been repaired on both sides due to plastic breakage where each phone gets extended. I used good quality Gorilla glue. My Tronds are also 3 year owned, and they are WAY better than the ML 80s which I got with the 800. It was dropping the headset that cracked mine.

These are exceptional wireless HPs. I happen to have 3 sets of different headphones for the Equinox though, but the Tronds have gotten 99.9% of the time in the field.

I have the same problem with my tronds. that should not have happened. It happened on one side after about a year, and a couple months later the other side. I just used duck tape to fix them in place to fit my head. Not pretty, but it works.

Back
Top Bottom