XP Deus

I did not get the HF coil. Just the standard 9" coil. So far it's been very frustrating! It's the hardest machine to decipher what it's telling me I've ever used.

I hunt places mixed with iron and non-ferrous trash a lot. I'm totally lost figuring out what's what with the Deus. I can pull out the Equinox in the same places Park2, 5 tones, 0 iron bias, recovery 5-6, Horse shoe engaged, and never have an issue finding coins and telling trash from good targets. Unless I'm trying for nickels I dig very little trash.

In my yard on buried coins the Deus is no problem and it's deep. This detector is going to take some time to get used to.

Hey longbow, I was a little more than frustrated first learning the Deus too. But I did and it’s a great machine. One thing I like about the Deus,is the audio gain. That feature I’ve e only found on fbs and Xp Deus,And it’s really important to me anyway. I like to run it at at least 5,mostly 6.. To me the Deeper targets on the Deus and most Makro machines sound stretched,and it’s hard to decipher. Jack that audio gain up and good deep targets are very prominent sounding and it cuts down on a lot of time . I ran basic 1 and still do 90 percent of the time. Just a tweak here and there. Remember, the Deus is a relic machine first, and imo 8 out of the 10 presets are geared towards that type of hunting. But the basic 1 imo is the best coin program,I keep reactivity at 2, and audio gain at 6. Good luck,great machine and very very deep

Greeting from across the pond.

I have used an owned the XP range of machines since they were introduced into the UK nearly 20 years ago.

The first one I owned was the Goldmaxx Power, this was a non VDU/VDI machine which ran on a fixed 18 kHz's with no wireless headphones and no on board charging.

Wireless headphones came along later but meant purchasing a new set of wireless headphones. (@ silly money)

I ran this machine for 8+ years.

Using this machine for the first few outings I knew I had made a big mistake being completely lost in what the machine was trying to tell me what was most likely to be under the coil.

Taking into account we have 3500 years of habitation in some of the fields that I used it in with all the associated build up of iron in those years. Big mistake on my part not being able to tell what was iron and what was not even with 30+ years of being in the hobby.

The importer of the XP range of machines into the UK stressed time and time again it was a 'tonal' machine and the key to understanding the XP range of machines was learning the tones.

Also watching "Norfolk Wolf" (sadly he is no longer with us) videos helped me to understand just how XP interpreted the different sounds coming through my headphones.

Moving onto the Deus which I purchased when they first released them the transition was seamless only this time I could now have a VDU/VDI option and the ability to choose other frequencies.

For me and I stress just for me, I still use the principal of east/west and north/south sweeping the coil over the target which I learnt to do with my very first XP machine all those years ago.

I’ve had a few equinox and my detector of choice now is XP Orx, with 11”x35 and both hi frequency coils. I’m selling my Deus lite just bc we need cash for a home repair. I also have a Teknetics T2 ( w/3coils) and a Fisher f19 ( 3 coils). I got the latter two used and I want the t2 for fields mostly and the f19 as an alternative to the Orx at homesites. Also I actually prefer detectors that are not rechargeable just cause they’re always ready.
Not sure I’ll keep both the t2 and f19 but for sure I’m not getting rid of my Orx. I’m curious about what the NM SMF coming out offers, but I’m going to resist buying one until I’ve seen what kind of user feedback there is. I never thought the equinox was making me more finds than certainly the Orx does. The only negative comments I’ve ever heard about the Orx have been due to lack of tone choices. It’s just a simpler version of the Deus.

I’ve had a few equinox and my detector of choice now is XP Orx, with 11”x35 and both hi frequency coils. I’m selling my Deus lite just bc we need cash for a home repair. I also have a Teknetics T2 ( w/3coils) and a Fisher f19 ( 3 coils). I got the latter two used and I want the t2 for fields mostly and the f19 as an alternative to the Orx at homesites. Also I actually prefer detectors that are not rechargeable just cause they’re always ready.
Not sure I’ll keep both the t2 and f19 but for sure I’m not getting rid of my Orx. I’m curious about what the NM SMF coming out offers, but I’m going to resist buying one until I’ve seen what kind of user feedback there is. I never thought the equinox was making me more finds than certainly the Orx does. The only negative comments I’ve ever heard about the Orx have been due to lack of tone choices. It’s just a simpler version of the Deus.

Agreed! The XP ORX is a very comparable machine to the XP Deus.

Back
Top Bottom