Minelab CTX 3030 Upgrading Headphones

glory-days

Looking to upgrade the stock headphones that came with the CTX 3030. They do not need to be waterproof but must be able to work with the WM 10 Wireless Module.
Looking for any feedback you may offer. I am currently looking at the Detector Pro Black Widow and Grey Ghost series.
Thank you in advance with any input.

Looking to upgrade the stock headphones that came with the CTX 3030. They do not need to be waterproof but must be able to work with the WM 10 Wireless Module.
Looking for any feedback you may offer. I am currently looking at the Detector Pro Black Widow and Grey Ghost series.
Thank you in advance with any input.

I love my Black Widows and have a pair of them. However, I sent one in for repair and they sent back a new pair. Which sounds real nice. But the new pair is no where near as crisp as my older pair. Inspection clearly shows different speakers.

So, the older sets are good. Newer sets???

Last edited:
Since I like to hear what's going on around me, I use a pair of in-ear monitors on mine, with only 1 ear in. You can spend a little, or a whole lot on them. I really like how well it's working out for me, esp in hotter weather. Big can type phones always make my ears sweat when it's hot out. As far as I know, there aren't any that are waterproof. At least m set isn't. Knowing this, I don't hunt in the rain, or in water with them.

I’ve been using killer b’s for years. Work and sound great with CTX.

I love my Black Widows and have a pair of them. However, I sent one in for repair and they sent back a new pair. Which sounds real nice. But the new pair is no where near as crisp as my older pair. Inspection clearly shows different speakers.

So, the older sets are good. Newer sets???

Same thing with my killer b hornets. I bought a new pair and it sounded a little duller than the older pair. I texted the guy who repairs them and he confirmed the newer ones had different speakers than the old. I know people have mentioned this about Grey ghosts too. Not that they are bad though, but noticeable when you've used the previous speakers.

Same thing with my killer b hornets. I bought a new pair and it sounded a little duller than the older pair. I texted the guy who repairs them and he confirmed the newer ones had different speakers than the old. I know people have mentioned this about Grey ghosts too. Not that they are bad though, but noticeable when you've used the previous speakers.

Yes, noticeable like night and day. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom