Happy with my upgrades to my 800

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
My best season to hunt in Atlanta is the Fall. So while it is either very hot and humid or wet with rain this August I am preparing for the Fall hunt for Civil War Relics.

I upgraded my 800 to include a new Steve's Detector Rods carbon shaft that replaces all three metal stock pieces that were kinda wobbly.

Along with this I purchased a Coiltek 10 x 5 coil.

Total weight went from 3 lbs to 2.6 lbs. A loss of .4 lbs or 6.4 oz or 7.5%.
My new 38" shovel went from 2.6 lbs to 2.0 lbs. an 18% weight loss for both the detector and shovel that I carry if my math is correct.

Does not sound like much of a weight loss. Next purchase will be Steve's counter balance weight. Most people say that is a good improvement to arm fatigue.

But it feels better and on a test hunt of 1 hour I felt like I could go on for another hour or more. That weight reduction with a switch to a 2.0 lb 38" shovel also helps my walking time to my Civil War sites that are often up and down hills. Plus no annoying wobble and a secure and easy to use cam lock.
Plus the carbon fiber shaft just look good.

Maxxkatt -- I am glad to hear that your weight reduction has helped your detecting to be more comfortable, and that you are pleased with the shaft!

I believe you will achieve a good bit more comfort with some counterweighting, if/when you are ready.

Thank you!

Steve

Back
Top Bottom