Cutting Lawns For Permission

Wow, 5 feet by 12 feet and they pay to have it done ? :shock: :lol:

.....hey, if they are willing to pay you $45 for 6 minutes of work you'll take it ! :yes:

(if you had 10 accounts like that you'd make $450 for an hour's work :lol:)

See... you can think about extra cash, buy detectors :yes: Snowplowing is the best though... its where you make the most money especially on commercial jobs i have one account every drop of the blade its $350 for a 20 minute plowing and depending on the storm and how much snow we get... I average 5 plowings per storm with that account... I have to say I hate plowing especially when the account is open 24/7 its blood money :yes: We really ruined this thread :lol:

See... you can think about extra cash, buy detectors :yes: Snowplowing is the best though... its where you make the most money especially on commercial jobs i have one account every drop of the blade its $350 for a 20 minute plowing and depending on the storm and how much snow we get... I average 5 plowings per storm with that account... I have to say I hate plowing especially when the account is open 24/7 its blood money :yes: We really ruined this thread :lol:

I had my share of snow before moving to South Carolina when I lived in Maryland, wasn't big snows every year but I had my share of times spending close to 3 hours digging my car out of a parking spot by hand with a shovel (and clearing sidewalks) after a really heavy snow :snowing: :lol:

....yeah, sorry to the OP, I just had to look to remind myself about the original theme of this thread :lol: (it's easy to go off on a tangent :lol:)

Last edited:
I'd say getting a signed contract puts a bid hurdle right up front and makes it harder to gain a permission. I never liked contracts, though I have used liability releases a bunch of times to gain access to commercial properties. Made them feel better, I guess.
I like the one suggestion of offering to cut there lawn at a discount. What discount you give them is up to you, but since you were ready to do it for nothing, you can offer them a substantial discount and hype it up to sound like they're getting a killer deal.
I would suggest a verbal agreement and go with the odds that most people are honest enough not to screw you over. Yeah, sooner or later, you're gonna meet that yahoo, but the vast majority of people are trustworthy. Keep it casual and friendly instead of stodgy and formal with a contract thats likely to raise people guards. If they say they want one, or they're not biting on a verbal agreement, you can always bring the idea up "I did the Jones property and we had a SIMPLE agreement where I could detect his property after I mowed his lawn. Even though I used to charge X dollars to do a property of this size, I agreed to it because he let me keep all the items I found. It wasnt a lot, but its more about the relaxation I get from the hobby and the occasional weird find that I have no idea what it is until I google it!"
Schmooze and charm work better in most instances than the formal/legal route. Theres always the exception, so if you have some sort of form drawn up beforehand, you can have it handy in your car if need be. But I wouldnt even mention it unless the friendly approach isnt working

Not mowing lawns but I have gotten a number of permissions for my club to hunt public and private playgrounds, schools and churchyards by offering to do property cleanups. I have spoken to City Councils, mayors, principals and the heads of Parks Departments by volunteering us to not only pick up surface litter but also the potentially dangerous metal buried in the ground. We have been enthusiastically received and some of these properties are 150+ years old.

Attachments

• AC9B458B-EFEE-4EEA-B768-668BA3CD603B.jpeg
    AC9B458B-EFEE-4EEA-B768-668BA3CD603B.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 246
Back
Top Bottom