USB Microscope

joe4077

Elite Member
I just had my usb digital microscope delivered today and I already installed it on my computer. I am blown away at how clear coins photograph with it. You can see every detail and every flaw on the coin.

If anyone is interested, I reshot all the coins posted in my photo albums and posted them again in my photo album for all to see. The usb microscope is the way to go if you want to post photos of coins on the forum. Every shot is just about perfect. Feel free to peruse my albums and see for yourself. You'll be amazed.

Here's a sample:

Attachments

• 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 268
Which microscope did you get? One concern in another post was that you could not frame the entire coin. That is obviously not true in your case.
Good shot!
Man, another toy I probably should have!

I just got mine in the mail today too. Here is a pic of an old find. This thing is cool and fun.
Nice shoes!! l
Image4.jpg

What microsopes are you using ?

Mine is a Celestron Deluxe Handheld Digital Microscope I got off Amazon for 38 bucks and free shipping. I hear you can find them cheaper but what the hay, a couple clicks and 38 dollars, boom, its here in a couple days. HH

Sonny.

Still waiting on mine to be delivered. I was sent an email by Amazon on the 2nd telling me it had shipped, and they included tracking (Delivery Confirmation) numbers. I just checked and the USPS site stated they were notified electronically 1/5 that the item was ready for pick-up :lol:

No biggie, as I've bought enough stuff from Amazon to be prepared to allow the biggest portion of a week for delivery for their free delivery. If you got it in a couple days, you were lucky.

I have the Celestron Handheld Microscope also. You can frame it by hand or you can raise the base like I did by placing it on a small box.

That's a great looking half dollar you have there SonnyB. Excellent detail. That scope is awesome.

I have the Celestron Handheld Microscope also. You can frame it by hand or you can raise the base like I did by placing it on a small box.

That's a great looking half dollar you have there SonnyB. Excellent detail. That scope is awesome.

Thanks Joe. I have been looking at some of my other coins, and to tell you the truth, I never realized how much detail went into designing them. I mean I looked at them through a magnifying glass but this thing brings a whole new perspective on viewing coins and other finds as well. I gotta say thanks to Chad for that post. Just got a new AT Pro and now this little microscope.... Man oh man, life is good. HH

Sonny.

Thanks Joe. I have been looking at some of my other coins, and to tell you the truth, I never realized how much detail went into designing them. I mean I looked at them through a magnifying glass but this thing brings a whole new perspective on viewing coins and other finds as well. I gotta say thanks to Chad for that post. Just got a new AT Pro and now this little microscope.... Man oh man, life is good. HH

Sonny.

No problem sonny!!!! I'm glad you like it!!! :thumbsup: that is one heck of a beautiful coin...thanks for sharing!!!

Is it this one?

Reviews show some focus/zoom issues. Any truth with yours?

Thanks,
B.

That is the one I have WB. I have not had any issues like that with mine so far but I have only had it a few hours. I will say however that to do coins you have to elevate it higher than the stand it comes with. I just placed it on a couple of books to get it farther away. I plan on building a custom stand for it. I knew it was an issue before I bought it but I work in a machine shop so I wasn't worried about it.

Sonny.

There was another thread on this and I am waiting for mine also....I think a lot of people will be converting over to this method....makes sense.

My thanks to Chad also. Only took 4 days to get it. Not bad. I suspect there's going to be a run on these scopes pretty soon when people see what they can do.
Now let's get out and find some good stuff to post.

Yeh, after seeing posts and reading about them, I got mine yesterday. They are fun and easy to use. The only bad thing is sometimes the light on them is too bright and produces too much glare, but for the price it's a neat little tool.

just got mine today...this thing is the cat's *** for taking close ups.
check out the engraving on this Sheriff badge (1898)..

Attachments

• Image8.jpg
    Image8.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 164
  • Image10.jpg
    Image10.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 161
Got mine yesterday. Very easy to install and use. Here's a pic just playing with it. I dug this dime about 20 years ago.

Attachments

• Image14.jpg
    Image14.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Image13.jpg
    Image13.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 127
Ordered mine. $38 on amazon,free shipping. Been looking for errors lately since the weather was cold. My loupe get close enough to find the errors, but I want to be able to see it without getting a headache from squinting at a whole roll of pennies :LOL:

It's a heck of a lot better on the eyes also. There is a little glare but I'm not complaining. All my coins used to come out like !!!!. Now they're crisp and in focus. Easy to see.
Check out this metal dice I found on a hunt today. Looks like stainlesssteel and maybe garnet or glass. An interesting piece.

Attachments

• 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 143
Back
Top Bottom