• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New Garrett AT Pro noises??

$modelman$

I was using the AT Pro today at a beach. Everytime i barely bumped the ground it would beep. I started to turn down the sensitivity until it did not beep, had to go down to 3 bars. Is this normal?? Also holding it above ground and shaking the detector is would beep all over the place.. Help :-/
Forgot to add, Just got it. I have a White's DFX for the past 6 years, wanted something afor a backup. Garrett seems like a simple unit.

Sounds like a loose coil connection, check the connection and also make sure the cable isn't wound too close to the coil and that it is over the shaft and not under.

if your getting falsing from scrubbing the coil try either kickin down the sensitivity down a notch or manually kicking down the ground balance a few notches......if that doesn't correct it than you could have a bad unit

Dogpound, I did kick down the sensitivity while hunting and the beeps stopped around 3 bars. That seemed way low. If I bring down the GB could I increase Sensitivity?

You either have a loose coil wire or a bad coil, My first coil did the same thing so I tried wrapping some tape around the coil wire from just above the coil to about 5 inches up rod.. That didn't fix the problem so I called Garrett's & they sent me a new coil, my new coil works like a charm & has for the past 1-1/2 years...:grin:

Right on the mark digitup.. Loose coil connection. Went to the woods today. no noise at max sensitivity. Found an old Navy button from a Revolutionary battle hill in Winchester Ma. I will be posting it on "finds". I don't know if the button is that old, maybe someone can ID it for me.

Right on the mark digitup.. Loose coil connection. Went to the woods today. no noise at max sensitivity. Found an old Navy button from a Revolutionary battle hill in Winchester Ma. I will be posting it on "finds". I don't know if the button is that old, maybe someone can ID it for me.

Cool! Glad it was a simple fix.

Back
Top Bottom