Warning !!!

(Heavy)

Elite Member
Whites Spectra V3i, the most adaptable user interface metal detector for the general public ever made has hit the black market for Chinese replication. Imatation is fattering for Whites but these machines are illegally sold here in the USA with stunning attention to detail.

There is a way you can authenticate your Spectra V3i. Make sure you don't get punked in a discounted (too good to be true) V3i knocked off by the Chinese and sold outside a distributor. Whites has one of these fake V3i's at Sweet Home today that has malfunctioned and a spokesman for the company was astonished at the likeness.
:shock:

My Segway has a Chinese knock off as well. They just replicate anything they want with no regard for patent rights ... Godless is all I have to say. Some day we will face off with the Chinese over this kind of thing as it's not good enough for them to own us in loan interest so they have to steal every technology they can't figure out for themselves.

If you have a recent purchase or second hand V3i and you didn't get it from a reputable dealer PM me and I will tell you how to know if your V3i is American made.

Be carefull boys the Chicom's are ruthless!

This is not a drama thread, just factual information for members protection the buyers need to know. Admin, clean this up if you don't like it and re-post it sticky before someone gets ripped off.

Yeah, their scooters are sawful too.
$850 dollars, delivered to your door, then things start breaking, and no available parts.
If they took some of that copy ingenuity and turned it into
innovation/quality ingenuity, great things might happen.

too good to be true

i saw on ebay a guy with a storage unit full of v3s they were 1 day auctions for like 750.00 he had alot of them and i was thinking theres no way on the price. i thought they might be knockoffs, but what do i know? pretty sure he sold all of them, he said they were from a club hunt. Its amazing how much stuff is cloned these days.

Is there an easy way to know if it's a chinese knock-off with a visual inspection, or some kind of LCD display check?

Yes, but I don't want to say in forum because the little devils will just start matchng Whites efforts to separate the real from the fakes.... Pm sent ;)

Why can't you post HERE how to spot the fakes? Why keep it secrt with PMs?

As for the ebay sales, those were posted here as well. The consensus was that they were fakes just based on the auction. It wasn't a container full either, he had about 10 or 12 selling without factory boxes.

Hmm hope I didn't get a fake Ace 250 lol it would be my luck tho, I think I got it from a reputable dealer.....

I can't talk about politics here.. but I will say that this is what happens when we accept anything less than democracy. They wouldn't have anywhere near this capability if we didn't give it to them on a silver platter and that's a fact.

This reeks of data theft as well. If I were White's I would get the FBI involved pronto to perform forensics.

White's and all of the other American brands need to disconnect their servers from the internet and create new offline R&D black sites for the engineering pipeline.

White's and all of the other American brands need to disconnect their servers from the internet and create new offline R&D black sites for the engineering pipeline.

Why? All the Chicoms have to do is buy one and reverse engineer it, and fake anything they can't figure out.

i saw on ebay a guy with a storage unit full of v3s they were 1 day auctions for like 750.00 he had alot of them and i was thinking theres no way on the price. i thought they might be knockoffs, but what do i know? pretty sure he sold all of them, he said they were from a club hunt. Its amazing how much stuff is cloned these days.

And here's the rest of the story........
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=alex92899&ftab=AllFeedback

A whole lotta folks got ripped off. If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!

There's nothing to wonder. White's let 'em build their plastic parts for the V3 charger system (if not the whole electronics ?), and uses also chinese parts for their V3 detector electronics. :roll:

What goes around comes around.

No Surprise....

There are very few TRUE Made in America items these days...Somewhere in the mix, there are foreign parts...screws, electronics, plastic parts, etc...
For all of those that were scammed on the V3 eBay thing...LOLOLOLOLOLOL...You got what you deserved...Cheapskates!

HH,

There are very few TRUE Made in America items these days...Somewhere in the mix, there are foreign parts...screws, electronics, plastic parts, etc...
For all of those that were scammed on the V3 eBay thing...LOLOLOLOLOLOL...You got what you deserved...Cheapskates!

HH,

I find it difficult to fathom why you would take pleasure in someone getting scammed. Oh well, that's what ebay's buyer protection is for. The cheapskates as you call them will get what they deserve, their money back.

There's nothing to wonder. White's let 'em build their plastic parts for the V3 charger system (if not the whole electronics ?), and uses also chinese parts for their V3 detector electronics. :roll:

No problem with buying widgets from people who make good widgets. I buy a dodge and I buy a volvo. One made from Chinese parts assembled in Detroit and one owned by China. It's just that we're going to have a one world economy soon enough and the Chicom's need to respect patent law or they will find themselves on the business end of our military might. They will never be up for that.

Back
Top Bottom