• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Newest and latest tech out there? <1k$

One thing I do know is that there's always someone who knows A LOT more about a subject that I may deem myself an expert in...….I've been put in my place "respectfully" several times over the last 9 plus years of being a forum member. The only thing is that with age, I have to take a few extra grains of salt with some things and we're supposed to watch our sodium intake! Hunt the good stuff (resilience training)!

Dghardyjr: said:
Actually I just got the 540 yesterday and will be testing it out here in a little bit, it took what seemed like forever to arrive. Waiting for my hunting partner to get off and will be testing it shortly on the beach. Well I did use it last night, but didn't dig anything up. It was bed time when it arrived, but yet I had to give it a few sweeps.
Well, did you have a chance to get out and use the Vanquish 540? I hope you had some success and learned a bit about what the 540 has to offer. Sometimes, a beach, if a salt-water beach, can be a little challenging depending upon what the ground mineral level also happens to be.

Which search coil did you use? Which modes, and did you alter the default Disc. settings?

I am excited for the vanquish and it seems to be the one to fill my needs as I foresee myself hunting many different types of soils. Not sure why I originally bought the f22 as the manual even said it is only good at dry sand on the beach.
The Fisher F22 has its place. I preferred the F44 and keep one ready with a 7" Concentric coil mounted. I do use it now and then for urban Coin Hunting demonstrations, but it is what I have as a 'loaner-unit' for friends and family. It is not a choice for working salt-water beaches, and definitely not a good pick for hunting Iron Nail or other heavily ferrous-littered sites. Just a usable urban Coin & Jewelry Hunting unit.

I guess the "best entry level MD guide" I read which swore by the F22 didn't expect myself to use on a wet beach. Which is one of the reasons I brought up newest, as I know the F22 has been out for several years now, and it failed my expectations, I must be able to wet sand detect. So many detector choices and misleading guides. Very unpleasant.
Trust me, you're not alone in reading and following some of those types of 'suggestion' sites. 'Top Ten Best Entry level' or 'Top Five Gold Jewelry Hunting' or 'Best Value' and all sorts of things people come up with to sell or promote detectors. Most of them are misleading, for sure.

Glad you continued to pursue improving the detectors you use for the sites you want to hunt. Again, wishing you the best of success on your next adventure afield.

Monte

Trust me, you're not alone in reading and following some of those types of 'suggestion' sites. 'Top Ten Best Entry level' or 'Top Five Gold Jewelry Hunting' or 'Best Value' and all sorts of things people come up with to sell or promote detectors. Most of them are misleading, for sure.

Glad you continued to pursue improving the detectors you use for the sites you want to hunt. Again, wishing you the best of success on your next adventure afield.

Monte[/QUOTE]

I must say that Monte's candor represents this forum well....That said, if anyone that knows detectors wants a good laugh, just Google the top 10 best detectors and see what comes up...….hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom