• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Garrett Memorial Hunt IV Cancelled

John-Edmonton

Elite Member
Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, Garrett Metal Detectors has come to the difficult decision to postpone the Charles Garrett Memorial Hunt IV scheduled March 27 – 29, 2020 in favor of safety for all. We are disappointed that we will not be together in Canton and hope everyone understands. We will be back to you once we have decided what our next steps will be in regards to the dates for the rescheduled event.

Attachments

• a hunt.jpg
    a hunt.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 289
That's a bummer sorry to hear that John. I imagine the new detector release will be put off as well? :roll: stay safe out there, and happy hunting!

That's a bummer sorry to hear that John. I imagine the new detector release will be put off as well? :roll: stay safe out there, and happy hunting!
I was all set to go! But, better for everyone to be safe. We are also needed by our families, employers, friends etc. It must have been very difficult for them to cancel such a great event with all the venues in place, volunteers booked, accommodations, prizes......I know that they waited on a daily basis, hoping that it could go on. With the local, national and international research / pressures requesting no large meetings of people, cancelling the event was the prudent thing to do. I am a Registered Nurse, work in a hospital, and think they made a good decision.

At Garret III we were elbow to elbow around the hunt field perimenter waiting for the cannon to sound to start the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom