• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox getting water into battery compartment

canman678

Just saw a report on this on another site. It's called MD Hunter blog. Says the gaskets may leak letting water into the battery compartment. Wondering how wide spread the problem is. Anyone on here having problem with this?

Is this still an on going issue or has the “paper flap” issue been dealt with by Minelab?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just saw a report on this on another site. It's called MD Hunter blog. Says the gaskets may leak letting water into the battery compartment. Wondering how wide spread the problem is. Anyone on here having problem with this?

Have both mine in the water many times with no issues. Are you looking at buying one ? If so dunk it right away if it leaks minelab will replace right away.

I have had my Nox 600 in chest deep water for several hours multiple times without any issues. Hopefully the ones that do leak are just a fluke.

There is other videos of water leaking behind the screen causing the unit to malfunction. It has something to do with a “paper” o ring that they used. There is videos of guys filling some portion of the unit with marine sealants or liquid gasket as well. I would like to order one but only if they have fixed this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom