Check This Out! GoJo Buffalo and V Nickel Tumble Results

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
I recently cleaned a V nickel with Gojo hand cleaner with great results. I soaked it and rubbed it manually by hand. I liked the way it turned out... so it got me thinking.

Last night I took my whole dug buffalo and V nickel collection and took the Gojo cleaning to another level. I should have took a picture of them before. They were in all stages of crustyness some worse than others. They all had that orange rust color to them.

I placed all of them in the tumbler with a generous amount of GoJo that covered them. I then added a hand full of aquarium gravel and a little water so the slurry wasn't too sticky. I tumbled them for 3 hours, stopped the tumbling, but let them sit idle in the tumbler overnight. This morning I tumbled them for an additional 1 hour.

I'm really happy with the results!

Attachments

• 20201129_101145_copy_600x607.jpg
    20201129_101145_copy_600x607.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 790
  • 20201129_101032_copy_600x800.jpg
    20201129_101032_copy_600x800.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 746
I recently cleaned a V nickel with Gojo hand cleaner with great results. I soaked it and rubbed it manually by hand. I liked the way it turned out... so it got me thinking.

Last night I took my whole dug buffalo and V nickel collection and took the Gojo cleaning to another level. I should have took a picture of them before. They were in all stages of crustyness some worse than others. They all had that orange rust color to them.

I placed all of them in the tumbler with a generous amount of GoJo that covered them. I then added a hand full of aquarium gravel and a little water so the slurry wasn't too sticky. I tumbled them for 3 hours, stopped the tumbling, but let them sit idle in the tumbler overnight. This morning I tumbled them for an additional 1 hour.

I'm really happy with the results!

Weird. I was actually doing that experiment last night and this morning and just now saw your post. I put a v nickel in a tumbler with Gojo. Great minds.....

Here is a little info on the face on those nickels....

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0081697/bio

John Big Tree appeared on I've Got a Secret back in 1961.

His secret was his face is on the Buffalo nickel.

No living person could be on a coin so three different native Americans posed for the coin. Parts of each of their faces were used.

just picked up some GOJO Supro Max cleaner 10 ounce pottles at Lowes on close out for $1.00 a bottle picked up about 15 of them to try in my tumbler.

Thats a whole pickle jar of buffs and V's, wow

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom