Blast From The Past - Metal Detector Catalog Ads

CyberSage

Elite Member
Thought everyone would get a kick out of these. Maybe even used one of these babies! State of the art metal detectors from the mid 1970's. I want one!

Wards1975Page0288.jpg

Wards

SearsC1975_Page435.jpg

Sears

JCPenny1976_Page0315.jpg

JCPenney

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Ha, right next to the port-a-loo:lol: Some of those look extremely awkward to swing!

I need one of those porto-toilets to strap to my back.:lol:
Seems every time I trek to the chosen spot for the day and start detecting, nature calls.

Blast from the past is right!

You know, really, the 1970's wasn't that long ago. If only I would have had one back then!

the goldmaster discriminator is what my girlfriends mom gave to me.it still works it is what i started detecting with. real heavy but i found my first and only gold with it. ill post pictures of it later, it has a hard case and both the search coils.its pretty cool.

Man, those ad's bring back memories of the Lafayette Radio and Knight Kit catalogs from my childhood:

lafayette_004a.jpg

T60_R55c.jpg

I drooled all over those - cool stuff...

Here's a pic of my Goldmaster and the guy from the instruction manual. He was very helpful! It was my first metal detector, I tried to just put it together and go.....didn't work out so well! Definately need to read those old manuals before trying to use one!

Attachments

• 70's.jpg
    70's.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 1,930
  • whites.jpg
    whites.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 2,126
Dang Jack... Just think how Dorky our DFX's will look in about 10 years... And we think we are state of the art! Very cool thread Jack! How bout the hunting in a suit and tie...lol I need to get a cowboy hat like that too...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom