Deus II sales

Yup, I see the same thing.
Also, for me personally. The headphones and shaft are not usable in my location. I am slightly pissed about this in combination with the price of the detector.
I do not consider the Anderson shaft a good replacement, so I wait.

I know the antenna on mine started wicking water the first day in a couple hours. Now will the antenna rot out? I am buying a spare just in case. And a roll of electric tape in case the o ring that holds the antenna on the coil breaks.

D2 is too pricey. It would have to be a game changer to hit the sales if the Equinox.
I was a Garrett fan, still am but the Minelab is Super good Alien Technology!đź‘˝:lol::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Number 4 D2 on the Classified Forums right now.............

I still think the drama of youtube vids telling everyone their CTX and Equinox now sux totally killed the sales by ticking people off. One of the last youtube vids i watched they found a gold ring. Now the new detector is a legend after 5 beach hunts and a gold ring. I dug a deep gold ring with the CTX the first day i turned it on. You think it's easy until it's not.

Another one of my buddies just bought the DII with 9" coil. Can you believe I had a 4 silver day with that dinosaur Equinox 800. I'm perfectly happy to keep plodding along with it until I see what Minelabs going to be bringing to the table. The sooner the better hopefully.

I think the sales of new used detectors are interpreted wrongly by some. Many I believe are like me. I used to buy the newest tech in hopes of a game-changer. Buying it first has the advantage of holding resale value better. I buy it, try it, and unless it meets my expectations. I would sell it. Many are just getting the Equinox 800 and I've gone through 3 already. Why 3? Sometimes I fall for the hype and think maybe I just didn't give it a fair chance, or I learn something new and fill it might make a difference.

I seldom rely on the reviews of others. Sorry, and I do appreciate the effort to do a review, I just know they seldom reflect what results I'll get. I must put it in my hands and test it on my grounds to make a valid decision for myself.

So far I still have my E-Trac which was a true game-changer for me. I also have the Deus I mainly because, in my opinion, the best ergonomics on the market and I love a really light detector. Someday I hope to find that one detector that can do the job of both my E-Trac, for deep coins, and my Deus for tot lot gold. The search continues.

I think the sales of new used detectors are interpreted wrongly by some. Many I believe are like me. I used to buy the newest tech in hopes of a game-changer. Buying it first has the advantage of holding resale value better. I buy it, try it, and unless it meets my expectations. I would sell it. Many are just getting the Equinox 800 and I've gone through 3 already. Why 3? Sometimes I fall for the hype and think maybe I just didn't give it a fair chance, or I learn something new and fill it might make a difference.

I seldom rely on the reviews of others. Sorry, and I do appreciate the effort to do a review, I just know they seldom reflect what results I'll get. I must put it in my hands and test it on my grounds to make a valid decision for myself.

So far I still have my E-Trac which was a true game-changer for me. I also have the Deus I mainly because, in my opinion, the best ergonomics on the market and I love a really light detector. Someday I hope to find that one detector that can do the job of both my E-Trac, for deep coins, and my Deus for tot lot gold. The search continues.

So, what you are saying is some people who bought the D2 found out it did not meet their expectations?

I think that is what we are all thinking............

Your logic of resale value is flawed. You never come out on top buy new and selling used. Buying new used and selling used, is a much smaller hit.

So, what you are saying is some people who bought the D2 found out it did not meet their expectations?

I think that is what we are all thinking............

Your logic of resale value is flawed. You never come out on top buy new and selling used. Buying new used and selling used, is a much smaller hit.

Yes. I buy it when it is hot on the market and hard to get. I give it my tests and generally know within a week or so if it meets my needs. If not, its on the market and I have never had a problem selling one for at least what I paid.

I have always gotten my money back and sometimes even more. When you buy a new one when people are having a tough time getting one, selling it for the same price, and higher is not hard at all. I paid less for my Equinox 800s new than I see they are selling for now used.

I'd offer the same advice for those who would purchase on the advice of the same duo.

Exactly. I never said I wouldn't buy a D2. I wouldn't and still won't because of those 2. I would because of a few trusted hunters I know. I think it's clear though to many out there by now. Appears that your are hearing about problems every other week on the D2. And for $1600 , I myself don't want to deal with any of that. It's not worth what they are asking.

I'd just read another thread about a user having trouble with the clock on his.

A clock? Why in the world does a detector need a clock?

No wonder it costs $1600 :lol:

There are several reasons. For one, depending on how someone detects, wearing a wrist watch can cause a problem because it'll interfere with the detector. I think this is more common with gold hunters, when they're "halving" with their hand or a plastic scoop.

Another reason is that some hunters turn off their phones to reduce interference issues.

So no wrist watch and no turned on phone, but they want to quickly know what time it is. I suppose an option is buying or making a pocket watch or taping a watch to the detector itself, but having a clock on the detector is more conveninent for some people.

The original Deus also has a clock.

Deus 2 is a big improvement over Deus 1 for many people who have been long-time Deus 1 users and have wanted waterproof, saltwater beach, accurate tone and target IDs, more tone options and higher mineralization use. Deus 2 definitely brings those to the table. Deus and Deus 2 are also huge ergonomic improvements for people with detector swing weight issues that need a lighter detector.

If more had been made about Deus 2 improvements in comparison to Deus 1 instead of trashing other brands, most of this hoopla would have been avoided.

Not buying something because of 2 members of a forum? Seek professional help

Actually one is banned from this forum and keeps having temper tantrums like a child so he lashes out at Friendly Forum... more recently though he changed and is giving bible study classes for us mean horrible people here :laughing:

Clock feature is a plus for a beach hunter who only brings a spare car key with them. If you got to ask someone on the beach what time it is, you are probably going to have to ask some guy in a gold spedo with a watch on what time it is. And it may not be Felix:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom