The family that lived in a barn.

Country Dirt Kid

Elite Member
According to the map of 1893 there was a barn on a hill overlooking a farm field. That same property on the 1912 map now has the abbreviation "Res" for residence written next to the barn. Apparently a family moved in and was living there. The father's name was August Sohrbeck and the wife's name was Dency. The family had 1 daughter living there at the time named Edith. Here is what I found when I metal detected. The large cent pendent, doll and ice skate were most likely hers.

Attachments

• AJ.jpg
    AJ.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 606
  • BJ.jpg
    BJ.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 589
  • CJ.jpg
    CJ.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 582
  • DJ.jpg
    DJ.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 584
  • EJ.jpg
    EJ.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 574
Nice finds and history!

From your title I could here my mother yelling me..."Shut the door, were you born in a barn?!!" :lol:

Cool!

Maybe their internet connection was kinda sketchy, so they moved into the barn.

At least they'd have "stable" wifi.

According to the map of 1893 there was a barn on a hill overlooking a farm field. That same property on the 1912 map now has the abbreviation "Res" for residence written next to the barn. Apparently a family moved in and was living there. The father's name was August Sohrbeck and the wife's name was Dency. The family had 1 daughter living there at the time named Edith. Here is what I found when I metal detected. The large cent pendent, doll and ice skate were most likely hers.

Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Back
Top Bottom