Odd Fellows sword Buckle plate.

Dan B.

Elite Member
I dug this buckle this weekend at a mid-1880s home site and had no clue what it was. So I posted on the help me ID section of the Forum and toysoldier was a very big help.

It turns out to be a buckle from a sword belt from the Odd Fellows. Here is the link to take you to the information that toysoldier has found.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=296180

I have never seen a buckle like this before. A big thanks to toysoldier for helping with the ID

Attachments

• 20220416_225653.jpg
    20220416_225653.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 740
  • 20220416_225700.jpg
    20220416_225700.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 720
  • 20220416_165244.jpg
    20220416_165244.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 711
From the size of that buckle, His Majesty bets your detector was screaming! Great find, certainly one for the display! :woot::woot:

It definitely was a surprise when I dug it and found out that it was not another aluminum can. It is a very trashy site and yes it will display nicely thanks. GL&HH

Good show dude.

And if I'm not mistaken, the masonic folks do collect their vintage past memorabilia. So maybe it has some collector value.

I'll be the first to step up the plate and offer you $1 for it. Deal ? :friends:

I dug this buckle this weekend at a mid-1880s home site and had no clue what it was. So I posted on the help me ID section of the Forum and toysoldier was a very big help.

It turns out to be a buckle from a sword belt from the Odd Fellows. Here is the link to take you to the information that toysoldier has found.

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=296180

I have never seen a buckle like this before. A big thanks to toysoldier for helping with the ID

Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Good show dude.

And if I'm not mistaken, the masonic folks do collect their vintage past memorabilia. So maybe it has some collector value.

I'll be the first to step up the plate and offer you $1 for it. Deal ? :friends:

Tom, Sorry but you need to do a bit of research on the Oddfellows fraternity. It is in no way related to the Masons or the Masonic Fraternity. Look at the article in Wikipedia. KT

Congrats on your find, that buckle is beautiful!!

If you notice the bottom picture there was a slight Bend to it I am glad I was able to tap it out with a rubber mallet without ruining it. It is a very nice looking buckle. And a big thanks!

Back
Top Bottom