New

Spirr

Hello everyone,
Overall I am new to detecting. Did a very little bit of it years ago. Back then I had a Treasure Ace 300. Just bought a Nokta Legend. Looking forward to getting it out there. I live in Arlington Texas. Looking for some detector friendly areas to start hitting as I learn the machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Not familiar with your specific area, but generally speaking make sure you are good at digging and replacing plugs by practicing in your own yard before digging elsewhere, then go online to look at web sites for local parks, as long as there is not anything in their online park rules that says "no metal detecting" it should be okay, also consider getting permission from relatives and friends to detect in their yards.

Hi There,

I'm not far from you and am just getting back into it myself. I lived in Arlington for about 10 years. I don't have any great suggestions for Arlington. What I can tell you is that you CANNOT metal detect in any of the parks in Arlington. However, surrounding cities like Fort Worth, Dallas, Grand Prairie do allow it in parks.

Welcome and good luck!

Hi There,

I'm not far from you and am just getting back into it myself. I lived in Arlington for about 10 years. I don't have any great suggestions for Arlington. What I can tell you is that you CANNOT metal detect in any of the parks in Arlington. However, surrounding cities like Fort Worth, Dallas, Grand Prairie do allow it in parks.

Welcome and good luck!

Glad someone with personal experience in that area responded ! :thumbsup:

I'm guessing in Arlington you might be more limited to private property permissions ?

Hi There,

Welcome and good luck!

Thank you for that information. I was going to look into Joe Pool Lake area in Grand Prairie and find out what those rules are.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Not familiar with your specific area, but generally speaking make sure you are good at digging and replacing plugs by practicing in your own yard before digging elsewhere, then go online to look at web sites for local parks, as long as there is not anything in their online park rules that says "no metal detecting" it should be okay, also consider getting permission from relatives and friends to detect in their yards.

Thank you. Yes, I have spent a lot of time watching videos of digging and replacing plugs. I intend to leave anyplace I go a little better than I found it.
(I.e. trash removal, along with filling holes)

Thanks

Thanks All. This is something I will fall in love with. I know most of you folks been at this a while. I know where to bring my questions.

Thank you for that information. I was going to look into Joe Pool Lake area in Grand Prairie and find out what those rules are.

JP Lake has a state park (Cedar Hill State Park) off of 1382 i believe. And then 2 parks controlled by the city of Grand Prairie. I'm not sure what their rules are.

If you want to hunt parks go check out the Fort Worth

https://www.fortworthtexas.gov/file...nts/parks-trails-info/2022-park-inventory.pdf

They have a PDF of all the parks, size and the year it was established. Some of them are pretty old. You can hunt in all of them but i'd stay away from those that are like veterans memorials and such. there's also a map that shows the location of all of them.

There's also a club in Fort Worth called Cowtown Treasure Hunters. Their next meeting is actually tomorrow night 5/19/22. you can check them out as well if you're interested.

Back
Top Bottom