• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I am not a slacker!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I am posting my last few hunts because I don’t want you pirates to think that I am down here slacking off. I have had 3 hunts recently with only 4 silvers to show. Some other goodies as well. Ian has been nothing but some wind and a lot of water so far for us down here. School was cancelled today and tomorrow. The tides are way off so I don’t know if I will make it out for a hunt, but we’ll see. Good luck to my fellow Floridians up North in the next few hours as Ian looks like a monster. :windy:

1st HUNT (9/23/22): I had a safety training that was going to finish around noon, and my boss did not expect me to return, so I planned on hitting “Penny Beach” with Noxy which I hadn’t gone to in a while. I always expect a busy 100+ coin day there. (Craig had also told me I’d been slacking on my pennies! :lol:) Although I did get the little silver Pandora charm in my 2.5 hours there, I was very disappointed in the number of targets for this beach. I have no doubt it had recently been hit.

2nd Hunt (9/24/22): I went to South Beach to hit the afternoon low tide with Merlin. My first half of the 4-hour hunt nearshore wasn’t as good as the second half of the hunt where I worked offshore and mainly the sandbars. Again few targets but I did manage a chunky silver ring. Unfortunately, the Ray-Ban’s frames are not good but at least the lenses are.

3rd Hunt (9/26/22): South Beach was on the menu again today, but this time I headed South instead of North. I took NuBlu for a 3.5-hour hunt. Again, nearshore was not as good as offshore and the sandbars. The gold was elusive again, but I did manage the 2 silvers. I am looking forward to some permanent weather pattern changes down to take away the summer doldrums which seems to have most areas sanded in.

Attachments

• 9-23-22.jpg
    9-23-22.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 450
  • 9-23-22 Pandora.jpg
    9-23-22 Pandora.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 9-24-22 Silver.jpg
    9-24-22 Silver.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 454
  • 9-24-22.jpg
    9-24-22.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 447
  • 9-26-22.jpg
    9-26-22.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 459
  • 9-26-22 Rings.jpg
    9-26-22 Rings.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 449
The 1st thing that comes to mind when someone says they are not a slacker is.....They ARE a slacker. Lol

Silver ain't slackin, it's silver! Good job Felix!

Good luck to my fellow Floridians up North in the next few hours as Ian looks like a monster.

Stay safe Larry and Kapi, and anyone else who happens to be near the new path of this beast. May the sand gods bless you all with lots of long hidden treasure over the next few weeks!

Nice set of hunts, Felix! :thumbsup: Thanks for the update. This week, when my Bible study group prayed for those affected by the hurricane, I thought of the members here who are in its path. It's good to hear you're doing okay. :)

Back
Top Bottom